Author Topic: Beta Client Feedback  (Read 45686 times)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Client Feedback
« Reply #15: July 27, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
A few bits:

Looks like the auto turn running (when all families have made their actions) isn't currently working? Certainly not on a couple of them at least.

I commented on the game (the one that's just entered winter, that the same person was dragged out of a hut and eaten twice.

When choosing to improve a hut, the info at the bottom of the window when hovering over the improve button gives the details for fencing.

Should rubble from stone based things have the chance to find stone as well as/instead of wood?

Enjoying it, I look forward to when there are more people playing as I've taken advantage of all the excess material that goes to common ground when the inactive families all die at the same time...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 27, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »
The game that just ended (the one in winter), I can view diaries (though it appears only I wrote anything?, only my own family is listed at the side), also, there's no way to see the final town, so I don't know if I won it or not, don't know the final standings - did both families get killed off in the same turn, did I win, did I come second?

So viewing diaries, as well as being able to view the final town would be good. (as a possible extra, you could have a marker for each family that says which day they were wiped out on).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: July 28, 2016, 09:34:15 AM »
Yes. This is the first beta game to end, so it's my starting point to make the final screen good. I'm not sure about a town view, because by the end of the game it is pretty much just ruins. But a kind of timeline who died when, that's a brilliant idea.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 28, 2016, 07:57:31 PM »
Auto turns definitely not working :(

Also, an additional column in the top players table for 'games won' might be good.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:26:38 PM by James »

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #19: July 29, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »
Auto turns just sometimes break because I'm constantly working on the game. Whenever I spot it, I go and fix it.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 30, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
I'm not sure on the scoring system and it's relation to the ranking table.

If you win a game quickly (we've had them complete between turns 33 and 43 now I think? and could probably be won faster in the right circumstances) that makes quite a big difference in the total score that can be gained. Perhaps there should be different options for showing the table.

You could have one that is just based on points gained for the position you finish (so - number of wins, average score (not including points for days survived)) then another one for length of survival (average days survived, longest survived)

Unless you allow sole surviving families to keep going until they die as well, in which case they do have the opportunity to get the best score they can. Otherwise, in the very unfortunate situation that everyone else in your game stops playing from day 1, you could end up with quite a low score.

Hopefully that's understandable, though I have rambled a bit.

On another note, the logo on the webpages for the game (for me at least) is too large and covers some of the menu items, making them unclickable.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #21: July 31, 2016, 08:46:47 AM »
Yes, scoring system is buggy and unfinished. I just don't have enough data to balance it, yet. But it's coming.

The logo I'll improve.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 31, 2016, 11:53:27 AM »
The game does get more exciting with all the different tweaks that happen, it's getting closer and closer to something that could be great.
I like how you're monetising as well, shouldn't be able to pay to win that way, which is key. Maybe add options for painting houses and such as well, so there are visual things people can pay for if they want.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #23: August 01, 2016, 10:03:47 AM »
I thought about that, and yes vanity content is always an option - but it requires additional content to be made.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 08, 2016, 08:55:28 AM »
Couple of things regarding the game that just finished this morning.

A simple message saying I was the last surviving family would be good (I only know I won as the email letting me know the turn had happened said one person had died during the night, and I had 3 left...)

It appeared as though the other family there at the end moved their living square to one that was on my family's land. Only noticed this shortly after I'd set my last turn, so couldn't check/ask. Maybe whoever had that other family can confirm?

Is there a different message for peasants killed by dragon fire or are they also listed as dragged out?

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 10, 2016, 11:39:13 AM »
I just gave you your thumbs up on steam and might actually make an account somewhere in the next days if I get the time :)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #26: August 11, 2016, 10:41:56 PM »
Very nice. Thanks! I've got over 300 thumbs up now and that makes me really happy.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 12, 2016, 10:32:16 AM »
How is it that some players in scoring table have so many games? I've taken part in all of them as far as I'm aware, but have a much lower number listed. Not that it matters much for the final thing, just wondering what caused it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #28: August 12, 2016, 03:40:31 PM »
There is still a bug in the scoring system and I just can't figure it out.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 19, 2016, 09:57:23 PM »
Updated client is asking to login again, but doesn't seem to like my old key. Do we need to reregister?