Author Topic: Beta Client Feedback  (Read 45720 times)

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Client Feedback
« Reply #30: August 20, 2016, 05:56:39 AM »
Ummm, Got spoiled with the automatic sign in through the client and can't find my original email from the registration process.
I still want to play, but am not sure how to get access again.

registered with the following address:
hmrealms@yahoo.com

Any help would be appreciated.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 23, 2016, 11:31:54 AM »
23 players is quite a lot to start...been waiting numerous days now just to try the game : /

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #32: August 23, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »
23 players is quite a lot to start...been waiting numerous days now just to try the game : /

Sorry for that, it's one of the results of having a small indie game. Recruit your friends and it'll be faster. :-)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 23, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
I tried recruiting from another game that I play, and got 2 responses : (

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 23, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »
I don't know...this key system seems to have some bugs in it. I can't log into either of my accounts now, since I logged out of the one. At least I could access one before.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 28, 2016, 09:13:12 AM »
What was the result in Waldacker (last game to complete)? There were two of us left and it would have been close whether the other family were killed or I died, may have been a draw, but nothing to let me know.

The AI for families that aren't player controlled seems to get a huge amount of material collected in the huts. Loads of wood and/or food, and fences built. Not sure that's working correctly.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:31:27 PM by James »
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #36: August 30, 2016, 06:10:23 PM »
Lots of bugs still left. And yes, there is something wrong with the login/key system, and I'm trying to figure out what it could be. For the moment, contact me by mail and I'll fix it manually.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #37: August 30, 2016, 06:10:55 PM »
What was the result in Waldacker (last game to complete)?

According to the diary reader, everyone died.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: September 01, 2016, 11:20:38 PM »
There's an incredibly function/bug to do with map scrolling and the chat window:

Basically, when you are scrolling around using the arrow keys, the focus will suddenly swap to the chat window, meaning that you can't continue scrolling without clicking somewhere one the map.

I'm running my game in windows mode, and the arrows seem to sometimes scroll the chat (while also moving the screen), and other times put typing focus on the chat window (as mentioned above). I'm still trying to figure out exactly when it does it...I thought it was holding left mouse and then down (got it reproduce about 10 times consecutively doing that, clicking on a plot that opened an action window, closing the window, then repeating). However, when I deselected chat window focus by clicking on a plot that /didn't/ open an action window, the Left arrow/down arrow no longer triggered the chat focus as before.

Ok, it appears that clicking on a plot on which you can perform an action (and then closing it) somehow makes the arrows keys start targeting the chat bar. The arrow keys start to scroll the chat, and they also active the chat bar focus (left + down simultaneously seems to do it most often).

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #39: September 02, 2016, 06:39:49 PM »
Thanks. I'll try to figure out what's going on there.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: September 03, 2016, 08:18:23 AM »
Not sure what's happened, but I now don't seem to be able to repair anything (fence, wood wall, hut) if it's on common ground. It doesn't set the action for my peasant. (so that one has been sent gathering instead)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #41: September 03, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »
Not sure what's happened, but I now don't seem to be able to repair anything (fence, wood wall, hut) if it's on common ground. It doesn't set the action for my peasant. (so that one has been sent gathering instead)

Can you try this again? Repairing should be possible for all buildings now with the beta 11 client.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: September 03, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »
Can you try this again? Repairing should be possible for all buildings now with the beta 11 client.

It's only been the last couple of turns it's not worked. This last time, it was shown as a recorded action for the peasant, but on returning to the main screen it said I still needed to complete my actions for that game, and on returning to it, the repairing peasant was now listed as idle...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #43: September 03, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »
Ok, sounds like the problem might be with the server. Again, does it work on Beta 11 or still fail?

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: September 03, 2016, 06:43:46 PM »
First turn was on 10, second on 11