Author Topic: Beta Client Feedback  (Read 45721 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Client Feedback
« Reply #60: September 11, 2016, 11:15:49 PM »
You mean the tutorial didn't show? That is strange.
The dialog for a tutorial displayed when choosing a game, before the family selection came up. Once family selection loaded, it disappeared. And once I chose a family, it went back to main screen. Now that I'm starting a game and setting actions, it is displaying the Tutorial.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #61: September 12, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
Ah, the tutorial showed up in family selection. That's a bug. I'll add it to the support site.

Done: http://lemuria.org:8080/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/BF-3
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:04:41 PM by Tom »

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: September 12, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
When going into a village to select a house, add a button that allows you to get back out without needing to close the whole game.

Mookzen

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: September 12, 2016, 09:51:24 PM »
Also, I noticed the new snow textures make it hard for me to see the highlighted squares. I'm sure that dialing up the yellow would fix that.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: September 13, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »
When going into a village to select a house, add a button that allows you to get back out without needing to close the whole game.

This doesn't happen for me (you are talking about a game that's not yet started aren't you?). I get a pop up message that says about an email being sent, press dismiss and get taken back to the game selection screen.

WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: September 13, 2016, 03:15:12 PM »
This doesn't happen for me (you are talking about a game that's not yet started aren't you?). I get a pop up message that says about an email being sent, press dismiss and get taken back to the game selection screen.

Yes. If I don't want to choose a house there, so far the only way i've seen is to close the game to get out.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #66: September 13, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »

Can you add that to the support site, please? I'm trying to focus all feature requests there so I can manage them individually.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #67: September 13, 2016, 10:32:24 PM »
Also, I noticed the new snow textures make it hard for me to see the highlighted squares. I'm sure that dialing up the yellow would fix that.

Yes, I noticed as well. I improved it a bit in one of the last builds, but it's still not perfect. Can you add this to the support site as well, please?

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: September 14, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »
In one of the newer games, it appears that I may be the only player actually doing anything (with 1 hour to go on at least two of the turns it has said only 1 family (me) has completed their actions). So, the other families that should be player controlled will die off, but I don't really want to compete against AI. Is there going to be a way for games that get to a single player + just AI to end early? (which then gets the issue of games ending quickly reducing a player's average score quite a lot...)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: September 14, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »
I know I failed to do anything for the last turn or two in my games, due to stuff coming up in my day. There are going to be diary entries that read 'did not work, am now starving!'. :P

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: September 14, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »
In one of the newer games, it appears that I may be the only player actually doing anything (with 1 hour to go on at least two of the turns it has said only 1 family (me) has completed their actions). So, the other families that should be player controlled will die off, but I don't really want to compete against AI. Is there going to be a way for games that get to a single player + just AI to end early? (which then gets the issue of games ending quickly reducing a player's average score quite a lot...)

I have a few where there are maybe 3 people active, and no AI  ???

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #71: September 14, 2016, 04:38:59 PM »
I have a feeling that many of the recent players took one look and then went away, which is kind of sad in a game like this. Basically, they will starve and that's it. I don't think AI will survive till the end anymore with the recent updates, but I'm watching the recent games.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: September 14, 2016, 08:20:13 PM »
I have a feeling that many of the recent players took one look and then went away, which is kind of sad in a game like this. Basically, they will starve and that's it. I don't think AI will survive till the end anymore with the recent updates, but I'm watching the recent games.

Well, to balance that out, some of the later games have 9-10 people ready right now, and the one with 10 still has 17 hours left.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: September 14, 2016, 08:26:40 PM »
Might be worth having different speed game options?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #74: September 15, 2016, 08:32:25 AM »
Might be worth having different speed game options?

Thought about that already, it's a game parameter already, just always set to 24h at this time. The client has no way of showing it nicely, and it should be something you know at game start time.

I'm coming to the point where a game might need a "settings" window. PvP yes/no, time for turn, maybe some other parameters will show up soon.