Author Topic: What motivate you to first started play Battlemaster?  (Read 9785 times)

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
I sifted through many RP game directories, which constantly brought up repeated results. There was only one directory I found (can't remember which) which had Battlemaster listed. It stood out to me because it hadn't came up in any of the previous searches. I was specifically looking for something that was simple and not heavily graphical.

This game was the first time I ever experienced roleplay in its true written sense. It was very different to me, like no other game I have come across. I became intrigued by the roleplay aspect. I always get bored with games after a time, but Battlemaster is the only game I ever return to.

Yes, this is also what I find interesting in Battlemaster, it's not like really any other RP game I've seen. There is no drive to ruin the other person's roleplay but instead make a better one together.

In other communities people do everything possible to gain the advantage over the rules to always "win". In Battlemaster, this is not a very big issue. It is a game for people who like to read and tell stories, it is a game for strategists and politicians. It's truly unique.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan