Author Topic: When will BT sink?  (Read 8691 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: When will BT sink?
« Reply #15: July 28, 2016, 11:33:57 PM »
Well, its the same as when not in an Invasion. At all times, Invasion and not, share information. This is a game based on text-interaction. Which doesn't happen when you don't share information. It's like complaining about your feet hurting while you shoot them off.

A better analogy is "complaining that it hurts running into a wall after blindfolding yourself". Your analogy just involved hurting yourself, while mine involves hurting yourself because you took away one of your own senses. Gotta make sure your analogies are properly parallel.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:37:06 PM by GundamMerc »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #16: July 29, 2016, 01:03:11 AM »
It's an invasion. by DEMONS. It's supposed to feel hopeless, apocalyptic even. And it's meant to be that way for IG years. Nations are supposed to die, religions are supposed to falter, the dead will walk and mankind will fear the night. All we're really missing is fire raining from the sky.

Without unity, there can be no Victory against the darkness. You are hear to endure it, pray for salvation and wait for it to come.

Enjoy the grimdark, my friends.

"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 29, 2016, 03:08:42 AM »
"I'm not enjoying playing on this continent so please close it and make it so no one could play on it."
Please don't create threads like that. There are other continents with more traditional gameplay. Don't lile BT? Emigrate.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 29, 2016, 04:01:33 AM »
getting your 11k cs army wiped out in two rounds by a 9k cs daimon cav unit isn't fun.

sitting around in the capital for a week straight whittling down 1500 ravening daimons isnt fun.

the problem with bt isnt that its a challenge, its that its a grinding, repetitive, boring impossible challenge that doesnt test player skill so much as player tolerance.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 29, 2016, 04:06:46 AM »
It tests different skills than other continents. That doesn't mean that skill isn't involved.

It's like saying that because chess doesn't require any horsemanship, it doesn't require skill.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 29, 2016, 05:26:58 AM »
Quote from: Vita
I emphasize using the existing religions, guilds, and message channels to share information

I think this is part of the joke.  The problem I've seen has nothing to do with sharing information.  There has been plenty of it.  I've seen battle reports in various areas.  Seen how the Daimons win and lose.  Yet it doesn't change anything.  In a matter of fact, if you post something to other people, the GM's take that information and use it to their advantage.  I've seen it tested several times.  It's what thwarts a number of player's attempts.  I even decided to test to see if that's what's being done.  I made an IC message to the army about how the Daimon hadn't started a takeover yet.  In what appears to be the next login, the GM started it.  You say we should share information and yet players are punished anytime they try to work together towards it with GM's reading messages and knowing what they need to do to stop it.  I've heard players deciding they had to act outside of the server to have a shot which is against the whole point of our game.

Quote from: JeVondair
Without unity, there can be no Victory against the darkness.

Even with unity, there is no Victory against the Darkness.  Otherwise, the Netherworld would have been shrinking not increasing in size.

Quote from: Constantine
There are other continents with more traditional gameplay. Don't lile BT? Emigrate.

I've played on the other continents and even enjoy some of them.  My favorite continent was sunk though which was disappointing.  But part of the reasons people complained about that continent is the same thing that's happening on BT from my perspective.  So, it was a logical question given that the admins sunk that continent.  On that continent, at least working together got you somewhere.

I also want to point out that the "Emigrate if you don't like it" attitude hurts Battlemaster.  Players bring up their concerns and problems that they see and rather than attempt to address issues just tell them to go away.  That's what they do.  Go away from BattleMaster entirely.  It's why this game has been slowly losing people.

Quote from: Anaris
It tests different skills than other continents. That doesn't mean that skill isn't involved.

The only "skill" that I can see is required in BT is patience.  As long as you are willing to take whatever and not care about the state of a realm, then you can survive to the end.  I'll just give an example from what I can see.  After 17 days worth of being besieged, we were patient enough to "survive" because the Daimon finally left.  No skill resulted in any benefit to us other than simply waiting for the Daimon to leave.  The longer they stayed the worse our situation got and the stronger the daimons got in comparison to us.

I should take that back... buttkissing with the Daimons also seem to work too, but that's no fun either.  Am I missing something?  Is there a noble skill there that we have that helps in BT?

My frustration is this.  It's getting harder and harder to keep people interested in staying in one place because we can't leave without getting our forces wiped out.  People don't want to bother being in the council positions even after begging because what's the point?  It doesn't help anything.  You can't expand.  You can't fight other realms who aren't yes men to the Netherworld.  It's getting to the point where it's a chore to log in and see what miracle I have to try to do just to keep the realm alive.  That's not even talking about making a realm prosper.  If BT is about this, then you are right that it's not for me.  But that's the question I have.  Is that how the admins feel BM is supposed to be?  If not, then let's try to come to a solution to help resolve this.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 29, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
I think this is part of the joke.  The problem I've seen has nothing to do with sharing information.  There has been plenty of it.  I've seen battle reports in various areas.  Seen how the Daimons win and lose.  Yet it doesn't change anything.  In a matter of fact, if you post something to other people, the GM's take that information and use it to their advantage.  I've seen it tested several times.  It's what thwarts a number of player's attempts.  I even decided to test to see if that's what's being done.  I made an IC message to the army about how the Daimon hadn't started a takeover yet.  In what appears to be the next login, the GM started it.  You say we should share information and yet players are punished anytime they try to work together towards it with GM's reading messages and knowing what they need to do to stop it.  I've heard players deciding they had to act outside of the server to have a shot which is against the whole point of our game.

Even with unity, there is no Victory against the Darkness.  Otherwise, the Netherworld would have been shrinking not increasing in size.

I've played on the other continents and even enjoy some of them.  My favorite continent was sunk though which was disappointing.  But part of the reasons people complained about that continent is the same thing that's happening on BT from my perspective.  So, it was a logical question given that the admins sunk that continent.  On that continent, at least working together got you somewhere.

I also want to point out that the "Emigrate if you don't like it" attitude hurts Battlemaster.  Players bring up their concerns and problems that they see and rather than attempt to address issues just tell them to go away.  That's what they do.  Go away from BattleMaster entirely.  It's why this game has been slowly losing people.

The only "skill" that I can see is required in BT is patience.  As long as you are willing to take whatever and not care about the state of a realm, then you can survive to the end.  I'll just give an example from what I can see.  After 17 days worth of being besieged, we were patient enough to "survive" because the Daimon finally left.  No skill resulted in any benefit to us other than simply waiting for the Daimon to leave.  The longer they stayed the worse our situation got and the stronger the daimons got in comparison to us.

I should take that back... buttkissing with the Daimons also seem to work too, but that's no fun either.  Am I missing something?  Is there a noble skill there that we have that helps in BT?

My frustration is this.  It's getting harder and harder to keep people interested in staying in one place because we can't leave without getting our forces wiped out.  People don't want to bother being in the council positions even after begging because what's the point?  It doesn't help anything.  You can't expand.  You can't fight other realms who aren't yes men to the Netherworld.  It's getting to the point where it's a chore to log in and see what miracle I have to try to do just to keep the realm alive.  That's not even talking about making a realm prosper.  If BT is about this, then you are right that it's not for me.  But that's the question I have.  Is that how the admins feel BM is supposed to be?  If not, then let's try to come to a solution to help resolve this.

It hurts to see your lack of enjoyment. Simply the fact is that BT is meant to be very hard. Sharing information does not mean stating a takeover has started... It means sharing all the clues that the Daimons are handing out, it is keeping on constant contact with other realms, it is sharing everything you knoe. Your job is to figure out what you need to. You are most likely going to say "The Daimons will not let that happen!" Then don't let the Daimons see your words if that's how you feel. If you were faking being dead and the gun man walks by you, would you sit up and say "Ha Ha! Fooled you!"

Unfortunately, BT isn't like the other islands. You're trying to solve a puzzle and from what I can see, humanity hasn't done a good job of putting the pieces together.

I agree that Constantine's message was uncalled for... You're upset and you're trying to express your concern because you're frustrated and simply tired of always losing.

If you feel abuse is happening, report it or ask. The GMs are not controlling all the Daimons, some are other regular players.

Before humanity can move forward, it needs to collect itself as best it can... For a puzzle cannot begin to be solved if the pieces haven't been gathered first. As far as I know, everyone is being reclusive, that needs to change if you ever want anything good to happen. Do not tell me you've tried, because that means you've stopped trying and that will never solve your problems.

To put it simply:

Humanity needs to learn from its mistakes and grow instead of watching itself get chewed up by repeating the same steps. Stop keeping secrets from your ONLY allies. This will only make winning harder.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 29, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »
I can understand the frustration. But i have slowly started to get a grip whats going on! (slow learner!) :D

What i think is going on with this invasion is that we really need to interact with each other, with advies, with our own nobles, with other realms.. and with those evil Daimons! Our armies obiviously cant match theirs. Not even if combined, so there must be some other way. Advies & Nobles together have already wounded the main bug... so i guess thats the route to go.

So far, if i have understood right, biggest progress has been gotten when many people participates on RP's with Daimons. Write the story! Make it good one...

Thats what i try to do next... Not sure how or what... but atleast i have now nothing to lose while trying :D

Beated my mouth enough to Jactosh and now he is knocking my city gates with huge army... i cant beat him with my armies, so i need to figure out something else.
~Violence is always an option!~

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 29, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »

Your problem, then, is that you are looking at BT in the same terms as the other continents. In other words, you are expecting to find victory through pure force of arms.

Stop doing that. It won't help. :)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 29, 2016, 07:05:49 PM »
I can understand the frustration. But i have slowly started to get a grip whats going on! (slow learner!) :D

What i think is going on with this invasion is that we really need to interact with each other, with advies, with our own nobles, with other realms.. and with those evil Daimons! Our armies obiviously cant match theirs. Not even if combined, so there must be some other way. Advies & Nobles together have already wounded the main bug... so i guess thats the route to go.

So far, if i have understood right, biggest progress has been gotten when many people participates on RP's with Daimons. Write the story! Make it good one...

Thats what i try to do next... Not sure how or what... but atleast i have now nothing to lose while trying :D

Beated my mouth enough to Jactosh and now he is knocking my city gates with huge army... i cant beat him with my armies, so i need to figure out something else.

This is in simple terms how I see it ^^^

I am rather enjoying this island. Perhaps one might say I am biased because my character is on the 'winning' side, except that I fully expect the demise of the daemons... in time. The mods have made it clear that they are not intending to win the island. There is a way to defeat them, the challenge is to find the answer.

Clearly playing the game like you would on any other island is not working. It can be seen that big armies are not going to win the war for men. People need to think outside the box.

I don't know the answer, but I know what I would be attempting to do. Without giving too much away I suggest rallying your adventurers into the war. they are the key to success, in my opinion. Be adventurous with RP's when using certain items.......
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:08:10 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 29, 2016, 10:01:30 PM »
I feel like the newest global RP that was placed is in direct response to this thread.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 29, 2016, 10:33:38 PM »
I feel like the newest global RP that was placed is in direct response to this thread.

In part.

Throughout the invasion (as in previous invasions), we try to monitor the situation and adjust the effectiveness of the nonhuman troops based on what seems to be needed. However, we can also be forgetful. I had been on vacation (and otherwise kind of out of it) for some time, and this thread reminded me to look into things, and prod Vita to do the same.
Timothy Collett

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 31, 2016, 02:11:36 PM »
I for one would like to see the Daimons win. It has never been done before and could open up some exciting roleplay.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 31, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
https://youtu.be/gjUYE21-uI0

Warriors take the field
The battlefield of Life
You cannot run
You cannot hide

I am the keeper of the laws