Author Topic: Stuff about Battlemaster I enjoy.  (Read 17052 times)

Licinius

• Knight
  • Rise so high, in mud you lie.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff about Battlemaster I enjoy.
« Reply #45: July 08, 2016, 06:03:21 PM »
The other is to voice dissent in public. If there is something you do not like, become vocal about it and see which nobles join you in this. In this way you gain respect while not being the rebel, but rather seen as contributing towards the realm. If you play this game well you get enough supporters to strike when dissent is high enough. You begin with 1 or 2 huge things and after a while you bitch about every little thing the ruler does (or doesn't), which I found rather effective as well in my time in Caergoth :)

The bitching part reminds me of either Mayhem or Hemmings. I suppose that's a smart strategy, it eventually makes the player seem a much better choice for rulership.

How does everyone write/type arguments so well?! I'm at my wits end trying to take my reasons in this thread and posting it as my reason in Battlemaster, It seems rather OOC as well as IC to do so.

Well I'll have to take Jdodger's advice soon, "you should look for another realm", hmm it does bring up some options including a very tempting realm with Mayhem inside.

Hic Sunt Leones,
Rise so high, in mud you lie.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: July 08, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »
How does everyone write/type arguments so well?!

Lots of practice.

Also, reading a lot. It's surprising how frequent eloquently-presented logical arguments feature in (well-written) SF and fantasy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Licinius

• Knight
  • Rise so high, in mud you lie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: July 08, 2016, 06:12:15 PM »
Lots of practice.

Also, reading a lot. It's surprising how frequent eloquently-presented logical arguments feature in (well-written) SF and fantasy.

Thank you so much! Hmmm, I got the reading part covered since I'm reading "A song of Ice and Fire" I guess it's just practicing as well as copying the style of some arguments from other players.

Hic Sunt Leones,
Rise so high, in mud you lie.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: July 09, 2016, 12:26:31 AM »
Heya there, Licinius! My, my, look what you've done to Madina. So much negotiations and activity, almost seems we're suddenly living in a completely different realm  ;D

Joking aside, we're not doing particularly bad either. Not that I'm disliking the current engagement of a few in our realm, but, as you can see, not even a third of the realm has deigned to speak a word about the current situation. It's difficult to engage most of our BM fellows in anything other than marching behind an army, and even that is getting more and more difficult to achieve in a timely manner. Madina is definitely not the most silent realm where I am playing at the moment, it might even be the (usually) most active. You should look to JeVondairs, Mayhems and a few other prominent families if you're looking to get the engagement they usually create around them. It is not easily found elsewhere in BM.

And about rebellions, never, ever, EVER begin them by entering the underground. That's usually the last step, when your private letters have earned you the support of the key members of the realm and a fair bunch of regular characters. I won't be writing more about this, I've seen more than enough posts about it already.

All in all, it's always good to see initiative stirring up conflict. Always good for the game, yes it is! (from an OOC point of view, of course  8))
D'Espana Family

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: July 09, 2016, 12:54:21 AM »
"Mayhem" led a successful rebellion and became the ruler recently, I got inspired by him. Well I am the Marshal and led the army to victories, only to be beaten down by lack of funds and hordes of monsters. perhaps I should be more vocal :/

I can always follow Mayhem if I got banned, he is planning to create a new realm.

Hic Sunt Leones,

Bonus, once the Mayhem inevitably falls to madness, you get another shot at rebelling ;)

Coquard

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: July 09, 2016, 05:14:58 AM »
Writing sunshine and rainbows are fun for me to write, but I also love to write a good conflict. I havn't had much chance at having a good conflict with my nobles as of late, but I did have a blast with the netherworld forces with my advy.

And Anaris is right... lots of practice. But then I've been playing and writing for years.....

Your only limited by your thoughts....

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: August 05, 2016, 12:20:45 AM »
Bumping this thread up so that the posts in the redundant thread can be moved to this one.

byrdcr9

• Marketing
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 05, 2016, 02:47:30 AM »
tl;dr from other thread...

Players have no right to complain about this game. It's awesome.
"There are two rules for success: 1. Don't tell everything you know" - Roger H. Lincoln

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 05, 2016, 08:03:00 AM »
tl;dr from other thread...

Players have no right to complain about this game. It's awesome.

I'm not complaining about the game. Leave that to other people. I've been complaining about prevailing attitudes of certain player groups.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: August 05, 2016, 10:39:06 AM »
I'm not complaining about the game. Leave that to other people. I've been complaining about prevailing attitudes of certain player groups.

I don't think he was specifically saying you are complaining, he was saying that he liked the game a lot and he saw no reason for others to complain.  ;D

He was basically summing up his previous thread.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan