Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 209716 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #360: January 17, 2017, 09:54:41 PM »
Oh please you know that's not true. Was it stupid for them to do so, yeah sure...but don't tell me GX wasn't planning on wiping them out if they hadn't. That was the whole plan why this war started in the first place. Only after did they declare hatred.

@Gildre And Qu Ar'dan is not an 'ordinary' Lapallanch but a deranged young spoiled brat. Selenia seemed to have triggered him the most, especially with the undead stuff, and so he hunts for her first. Garas was very very carefull not to do anything to anger him further, simply cause he understood his position and so he'd let Qu insult him without replying to him. It seems Selenia wasn't smart enough.

And we still have Eponllyn and Nivemus undecided in any war, they may soon intervene as well to 'fight the boredom"

I'd like to know what this ordinary Lapallanch is!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #361: January 17, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »
Well...just Alara

I spoke with Magnus in the beginning also, Alara would be the first. But do you honestly think it would have stayed there? GX was talking about expanding the realm and then establishing colonies to build an empire. It was either destruction or submission for all these 3 realms.

She's a call'em-as-she-sees'em sort of gal. Besides, we all knew Perdan was coming back as the Crown was up between Dodger and Lapallanch so no reason for her to act humble

Well you just made it certain. Garas is a arrogant son of a bitch as well, but he knew who not to anger at that point, which is rare. I'm not 100% certain Qu had made up his mind yet, but that's in the past anyway.

I'd like to know what this ordinary Lapallanch is!

I'd say Kihalin is 'ordinary' enough
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #362: January 18, 2017, 12:45:51 AM »
I spoke with Magnus in the beginning also, Alara would be the first. But do you honestly think it would have stayed there? GX was talking about expanding the realm and then establishing colonies to build an empire. It was either destruction or submission for all these 3 realms.

Yup, that's been Selenia's MO from the moment Alara switched from "potential vassal" to "necessary target". Ejarr Puutl always seemed like a perfectly natural, defensible border. Minas Nova was honestly not in any danger until they forced her to view them that way. I've repeated myself on this, in this very thread as well as IG, a lot.

Well you just made it certain. Garas is a arrogant son of a bitch as well, but he knew who not to anger at that point, which is rare. I'm not 100% certain Qu had made up his mind yet, but that's in the past anyway.

He was still an irritated, potty-mouthed man-child demanding to be treated as an equal, which would have equated to kowtowing. That was never gonna happen.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #363: January 18, 2017, 01:28:44 AM »
It really depends on who has the will to keep fighting longer. GX, as a whole, has proven surprisingly resistant to war-weariness and have been pushed about as far as they possibly can be. If any new variable enters the equation, the allies will undoubtedly suffer.

The only way now to really finish Xavax off would be to get Caligus to join the fight, which does not seem likely...
Now what if Xavax manages to get Caligus as its ally? That could change some fortune in war :o

Oh please you know that's not true. Was it stupid for them to do so, yeah sure...but don't tell me GX wasn't planning on wiping them out if they hadn't. That was the whole plan why this war started in the first place. Only after did they declare hatred.
And we still have Eponllyn and Nivemus undecided in any war, they may soon intervene as well to 'fight the boredom"
Wah, you have been watching for fence sitters realms? ::)

@Gildre And Qu Ar'dan is not an 'ordinary' Lapallanch but a deranged young spoiled brat. Selenia seemed to have triggered him the most, especially with the undead stuff, and so he hunts for her first. Garas was very very carefull not to do anything to anger him further, simply cause he understood his position and so he'd let Qu insult him without replying to him. It seems Selenia wasn't smart enough.
He was still an irritated, potty-mouthed man-child demanding to be treated as an equal, which would have equated to kowtowing. That was never gonna happen.
Ugh... why you both characters have different opinions than my character about Qu? In a matter of facts, Qu helped Brock in things and when I mean "a lot", I mean really a lot :-X

I think the Empire idea got the rest of the southern realms scared and thus they come together as one, before they got picked off one by one. Which is not surprising, given Battlemaster war history.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #364: January 18, 2017, 02:46:33 AM »
The recent additions to the alliance might cause some controversy... Hopefully!

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #365: January 18, 2017, 04:14:17 AM »
The recent additions to the alliance might cause some controversy... Hopefully!

I can confirm that Caligus isn't exactly infused with happiness about Vix's actions.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #366: January 18, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »

Yup, that's been Selenia's MO from the moment Alara switched from "potential vassal" to "necessary target". Ejarr Puutl always seemed like a perfectly natural, defensible border. Minas Nova was honestly not in any danger until they forced her to view them that way. I've repeated myself on this, in this very thread as well as IG, a lot.

So from the beginning Alara was already a  'potential vassal' rather than an equal realm, much like the rest. Can you blame the other realms for not liking this 'policy'. Even if you say that you did not intend to also make vassals out of the others, can you at least not understand that (almost) nobody would believe you when you make such claims? Especially seeing BM history of those realms who wished to build empires in the past.

He still is. The answer to that is, just ignore him as much as possible when he starts to insult you, it's what we did.

Now what if Xavax manages to get Caligus as its ally? That could change some fortune in war :o

That would change a lot of things. Then again, Caligus can't even beat Fallangard atm.

Wah, you have been watching for fence sitters realms? ::)

Nah we're good thank you  ;) I'm sitting Krimml's fences atm, ours are fine. I would prefer you go south, or host a tournament or something. Our war is finally reaching a point where it's an actual war again, rather than us sitting in our capital. You coming in would ruin that again.

Ugh... why you both characters have different opinions than my character about Qu? In a matter of facts, Qu helped Brock in things and when I mean "a lot", I mean really a lot :-X

Qu is Qu, I'm pretty certain he insulted Brock time and time again when he was still a knight of Oligarch, no? I don't know how he helped you a lot, but if he helped anyone it can't be that good :p

I think the Empire idea got the rest of the southern realms scared and thus they come together as one, before they got picked off one by one. Which is not surprising, given Battlemaster war history.

See point above, agreed.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #367: January 18, 2017, 12:55:23 PM »
So from the beginning Alara was already a  'potential vassal' rather than an equal realm, much like the rest. Can you blame the other realms for not liking this 'policy'. Even if you say that you did not intend to also make vassals out of the others, can you at least not understand that (almost) nobody would believe you when you make such claims? Especially seeing BM history of those realms who wished to build empires in the past.

He still is. The answer to that is, just ignore him as much as possible when he starts to insult you, it's what we did.

That would change a lot of things. Then again, Caligus can't even beat Fallangard atm.

Nah we're good thank you  ;) I'm sitting Krimml's fences atm, ours are fine. I would prefer you go south, or host a tournament or something. Our war is finally reaching a point where it's an actual war again, rather than us sitting in our capital. You coming in would ruin that again.

Qu is Qu, I'm pretty certain he insulted Brock time and time again when he was still a knight of Oligarch, no? I don't know how he helped you a lot, but if he helped anyone it can't be that good :p

See point above, agreed.

Actually, as a noble from Alara, it was potential ally, which King Robb proceeded to throw away by manipulating Magnus and refusing to expand against Minas Nova, the only realistic point of expansion for Alara. I tried to convince him to go to war with Minas Nova and ally Greater Xavax, but he refused, I was banned for "spying", and then I took Itor Boss with me to Greater Xavax and gave GX all the messages that proved King Robb wasn't a friend of theirs. THAT is when it became potential vassal, but under new leadership. Then King Robb raped GX regions and declared hatred, sealing his realm's fate.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #368: January 18, 2017, 02:40:21 PM »
Actually, as a noble from Alara, it was potential ally, which King Robb proceeded to throw away by manipulating Magnus and refusing to expand against Minas Nova, the only realistic point of expansion for Alara. I tried to convince him to go to war with Minas Nova and ally Greater Xavax, but he refused, I was banned for "spying", and then I took Itor Boss with me to Greater Xavax and gave GX all the messages that proved King Robb wasn't a friend of theirs. THAT is when it became potential vassal, but under new leadership. Then King Robb raped GX regions and declared hatred, sealing his realm's fate.

Not exactly actually. I spoke with Magnus ruler to ruler from the beginning already and it was always GX' idea to build an empire with GX at its head. Allying in this case always meant swearing allegience to the empire, to GX.

Zakilevo

« Reply #369: January 18, 2017, 03:19:46 PM »
You can't ally with a realm that wants you to be its vassal.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #370: January 18, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »
Not exactly actually. I spoke with Magnus ruler to ruler from the beginning already and it was always GX' idea to build an empire with GX at its head. Allying in this case always meant swearing allegience to the empire, to GX.

Oh don't mind me, just happened to actually be in both realms at the time. But sure, I guess someone busy with a war against Sirion in the North knows much more than someone directly involved with the events in question.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #371: January 18, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
Oh don't mind me, just happened to actually be in both realms at the time. But sure, I guess someone busy with a war against Sirion in the North knows much more than someone directly involved with the events in question.

I'm telling you what was told to those outside of those realms to help you explain how other people could have possibly gotten this view.

I don't know what Magnus shared with those inside his own realm, especially after you flipped, but from the beginning onwards he was already speaking about GX as building an empire. You don't build an empire by having equal alliances. Sure you can 'ally' with people, as long as GX was head of that alliance.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #372: January 18, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »
I'm telling you what was told to those outside of those realms to help you explain how other people could have possibly gotten this view.

I don't know what Magnus shared with those inside his own realm, especially after you flipped, but from the beginning onwards he was already speaking about GX as building an empire. You don't build an empire by having equal alliances. Sure you can 'ally' with people, as long as GX was head of that alliance.

Well GX had three times the nobles of any of its neighbors so...
Also, disregard literally everything Magnus ever said. He was a teenager and that was almost 10 years ago IG anyway. It all went out the window the second Selenia was forced to take his throne from him after he'd alienated his people to the point that it sparked a civil war.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #373: January 18, 2017, 06:51:03 PM »

Well GX had three times the nobles of any of its neighbors so...
Also, disregard literally everything Magnus ever said. He was a teenager and that was almost 10 years ago IG anyway. It all went out the window the second Selenia was forced to take his throne from him after he'd alienated his people to the point that it sparked a civil war.

Well by then it was already too late of course as the animosities had been created. And yeah GX had three times the nobles and though that meant you could subdue the rest. However the other nations feared GX because of that and did not want to let that happen, hence the current war.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #374: January 18, 2017, 07:24:40 PM »
Considering GX, even at the time, was nearly twice Alara's size, of course it wasn't going to be an equal alliance and GX was naturally going to be at the head of it. Perleone is tiny and allied with Perdan and Vix, are we to expect them to treat them as an equal? Considering they just handed over a region, I think not. Had we followed through with Magnus' plan Alara would have been in as much a client state/Ally position as Perleone is now, but stronger than they are now for it and with GX ready to supply support because we would have good reason to.