Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 212534 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #45: July 11, 2016, 10:11:25 AM »
Then King Warchief
FWIW, I also clearly remember his first letter to all rulers being along the lines of 'I want to ally with all of you, lets have friends with everyone, war is bad mmkay'.

We don't really care if we are losing now, that's the nature of the game, tides turn. We don't really care that Vix and Perdan intervened, it made the game even more challenging and there's a certain pride that it took so many to drive us back.
I miss this old BM attitude of 'we will take what you can throw at us, just because we can then claim to have overcome it after its all over'. This used to be the dominant player reaction of BT Invasions. This was what I enjoyed about Luria when all Dwilight sought to conquer it.

Everyone justifies their actions before the eyes of the many, it is human nature to do so. In an argument, everyone is desperately trying to convince the other that they are right, hence moral high ground. Something along those lines, bah I can't argue well.
Most people find it very difficult to say they are or were wrong. Even people that are perfectly alright with such humble confessions can have a kneejerk response to someone making a counter-point (unconsciously seeking justification). But people are not inherently unwilling to change their mind, just that most often they need to think they changed their own mind. Hence why asking questions and approaching issues from another's perspective helps 'incept' an idea into one's head more than telling them they are wrong (which is implied when one disagrees).