Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 211914 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #45: July 11, 2016, 12:27:27 PM »
How does one 'steal' a city from a realm that declared war on them and attacked them?
By bribing the bureaucrats of course.
We don't really care if we are losing now, that's the nature of the game, tides turn.
Unfortunately this attitude is not shared by many of your fellow players which sparked the new spiral of this discussion in the first place. Unless you're using the royal We, in which case, fair enough.
That being said, I found your "please stop writing IC letters because this makes my players insult you OOC" message highly questionable.
I believe JeVondair is speaking of the players trying to paint their involvement as something noble, not the characters they play. IE, that they're supporting some "small kingdom" initiative, despite being part of one of the largest realms on the island. Stuff like that.
If we look at the game from OOC perspective, I think it is fair to say that the most important stats are not the raw number of regions per realm but noble/region density and number of cities per realm. In my opinion it is fair to draw the line at 1:1 noble/region count and more than two cities per realm. This ensures realms will not cling on to regions they can not even provide with lords and even densely populated realms will never become too powerful to ever be tackled like certain realms on Atamara. I wouldn't say I feel ennobled by supporting this mindset, but I do think it is a constructive one.