Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 209742 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #45: July 11, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »
By bribing the bureaucrats of course.Unfortunately this attitude is not shared by many of your fellow players which sparked the new spiral of this discussion in the first place. Unless you're using the royal We, in which case, fair enough.
That being said, I found your "please stop writing IC letters because this makes my players insult you OOC" message highly questionable.If we look at the game from OOC perspective, I think it is fair to say that the most important stats are not the raw number of regions per realm but noble/region density and number of cities per realm. In my opinion it is fair to draw the line at 1:1 noble/region count and more than two cities per realm. This ensures realms will not cling on to regions they can not even provide with lords and even densely populated realms will never become too powerful to ever be tackled like certain realms on Atamara. I wouldn't say I feel ennobled by supporting this mindset, but I do think it is a constructive one.

On East Island, where certain mountain regions or flavor-named regions can have just as much income as a city, this is largely misleading. For example, let's look at Perdan shall we? They have two cities, yes? But oh, what's this? They also have Perdan Mines, Bescanon, Bisciye, and Clermont; all regions that earn more than 600, and in the case of the first two, as much as the smaller cities of the continent. Perleone had two cities itself. The problem with trying to protect Alara and Minas Nova out of some misguided "small realm protection"; which is highly hypocritical in the first place, what with Perdan being one of the largest realms on the continent, the largest if you include their puppet Vix; is that all you get out of it are two realms who are too small to !@#$ing be self-sufficient. A realm needs at least two small cities or one large city to support a large enough army to defend itself, and Alara/Minas Nova can do neither of these things. I could see that when I joined Alara when it formed, yet the players who were there refused to open their eyes. They were still acting like they were on Atamara.