Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 213503 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #75: August 16, 2016, 09:34:58 PM »
Welcome to the forums Robb!  ;D

When Selenia was forced to take power, it was just after the Xavax Civil War that saw Magnus ousted. Her people were fractured, she needed an enemy to unite them against. But from the moment Itor Bass defected, It was Alara that became the target.

Honestly, when Selenia was just a duchess hoping tor retire quietly, she advocated for an alliance with Calligus and a war against Fallangard in exchange for Leibo. But Magnus's sudden alliance with them forced her to honor it. Which left Perleone ( anice weak target) and Alara. Well, Perleone was protected by Vix and Perdan, and she wasn't ready for THAT sort of trouble. And during this time Robb had done his level best to irritate her. So, to fuel her Cassus Belli for war, she actively baited him until he went a step too far and called her a coward. It was the last thing she needed to justify war and he played right into it. If Robb had played his cards differently, and yes, kowtowed a bit, Selenia would never have come after him. Far more likely, she would have allied with him and promised him Itor Bass in exchange for support against Perleone & Pals.

Minas Nova allied with Xavax AFTER Xavax declared war against Alara. It hit me cold and came as a complete surprise. Selenia was salty about THAT one for a while...

And yes, Roose was a plant all along. He really did try to kill her, but it was her idea and when he got caught, his ban was legitimate. No one in Xavax knew the truth but her. I cant tell you how satisfying it was as a player to get his infiltration pulled off successfully.

Xavax, however, has been largely quiet, though we have great players. I may take Selenia in a new direction just to shake things up a bit.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"