Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 211714 times)

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #60: July 12, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »
I do agree about bad IC decisions, probably leadership and diplomacy too. There are many factors why a realm run successfully, since we have been playing Battlemaster for sometime, I think we all know more or less what are the factors. How many often we have heard about "lead by example" in real life, sometimes it can be apply in game. Or maybe Xavax trying to "finish all its opponents in one go" like in "killing 2 birds with 1 stone" phrase? I do not know, but Xavax current position is certainly untenable unless its leaders do something about it.

The current Xerarch is the most ballsy ruling character I've ever played with in this game - perhaps with the exception of Leta Kindon leading Carelia into the great southern war against Cagilan Empire. Selenia is persuasive, strong willed and in some cases a hot headed and making irrational decisions. Two times, we've failed miserably - first the attack on Itorunt (which btw is by far the hardest target in the whole south because of it's large income), and recently in Ibladesh.  In Ibladesh we were inches from completing the TO and acquiring the walls in time for the enemies assault.

One might call it bad IC decisions, but risk makes it fun.
We might be in a sticky situation, but it's still fun.
Also if your fear stagnant politics, alliances and caution ruining the continent, Xavax is not the one you should destroy (referring to the OOC casus belli: Xavax as "the resurrected CE", at the onset of this war).

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 12, 2016, 09:10:25 AM »
Well, as much as my character Jeames hates Selenia in game, I love the way the player plays the character.

Balls!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 14, 2016, 07:51:29 AM »
I just want to say Aramon has great luck, the best luck.  :P

Zaros

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 23, 2016, 03:30:14 PM »
FWIW, I also clearly remember his first letter to all rulers being along the lines of 'I want to ally with all of you, lets have friends with everyone, war is bad mmkay'.
I miss this old BM attitude of 'we will take what you can throw at us, just because we can then claim to have overcome it after its all over'. This used to be the dominant player reaction of BT Invasions. This was what I enjoyed about Luria when all Dwilight sought to conquer it.
Most people find it very difficult to say they are or were wrong. Even people that are perfectly alright with such humble confessions can have a kneejerk response to someone making a counter-point (unconsciously seeking justification). But people are not inherently unwilling to change their mind, just that most often they need to think they changed their own mind. Hence why asking questions and approaching issues from another's perspective helps 'incept' an idea into one's head more than telling them they are wrong (which is implied when one disagrees).

To all nobles of the East Island,

I am Saradomin Warchief,originally from Rieleston of Atamara.After becoming Minas Nova's first king,I sent out my offer of peace to everyone.I had a particularly good relationship with Starfall and Magnus particularly,as well as Odoaker.However,I was faced with a plethora of challenges from the start.The lord of Dayr brought his region with him to Perdan and incited the first Minas Novian rebellion.He failed.Meanwhile,Starfall was convincing me to fight Xavax while convincing Magnus to fight me.A good plan it was,but I caught wind of it.The personal relationship between Starfall and I soured.Not long later,Minas Nova went to war with Alara.By then Magnus was gone and Selenia the bully took over.I called a referendum whether to join the war,the realm voted to join.Now the previous part about the referendum sounds a little like Brexit...but I had my personal concerns.I studied Chamberlain's policy of appeasement,and the striking similarity struck me.I COULD NOTlet Xavax take Alara.I put aside my personal feud with Starfall,we allied to halt the expansion of Xavax.Not soon after,I was rebelled against(again!),and the rebels succeeded this time(due to some infiltrators and stuff,including Stegman).I ran across the continent and joined Caligus.My "achievements"during my rule:1.Got Dayr back...but somehow it's with Perdan now?
2.Prevented Xavax from taking over virtually the entire Southern part of the continent.Things would have been a lot different if I let Xavax just take Alara.
Final note:I did NOT "plot"against Xavax with Alara...we were forced into defence
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 04:18:12 PM by Zaros »
Warchief family

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #64: July 24, 2016, 12:57:29 AM »
Its nice to get the background story finally...even if it does omit the portion where you tried to form an Alliance WITH Xavax specifically AGAINST Alara. (Apologies, much salt)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 24, 2016, 03:18:27 AM »
I was the lord of Dayr, I basically having been seeding dissent and chaos since I joined Xavax and wandered through lands until arriving in Oligarch.  I think I accomplished my goal.

I remember voting yes in Minas Novas referendum to attack Alara.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:22:02 AM by Glaumring the Fox »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

« Reply #66: August 14, 2016, 11:28:25 PM »
How's the war going? Is Perdan and Vix still kicking ass?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #67: August 14, 2016, 11:36:11 PM »
Still haven't recovered from their last invasion

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 15, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »
How's the war going? Is Perdan and Vix still kicking ass?

that's like asking if the gang of high schoolers beat up the elementary school kid who was already fighting it out with a gang of more elementary school kids. What the !@#$ did you think would happen?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: August 15, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »
Well, what exactly did Xavax think would happen when they claimed the entire kindergarten for themselves at their first day of school?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:58:00 PM by Lorgan »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #70: August 15, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
Well, what exactly did Xavax think would happen when they claimed the entire kindergarten for themselves at their first day of school?

We only claimed the see-saw, and that was a few weeks in.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: August 15, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »
Please tell me this war will be remembered as the Schoolyard Brawl.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 15, 2016, 05:46:08 PM »
Only if you put enough effort in spreading your propaganda.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 15, 2016, 06:03:59 PM »
Its a rather neutral non-propagandistic name.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 15, 2016, 08:23:48 PM »
Only if you put enough effort in spreading your propaganda.

This is rich coming from you.