Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 213015 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #195: October 16, 2016, 10:51:28 PM »
Ouch.

GX+FG lost to an inferior army of Vix. 1300 vs 1670.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: October 16, 2016, 10:53:18 PM »
Incorrect, we had fought a battle earlier in the campaign and were at half strength. And we decimated the Vix anyways. No body won that.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: October 16, 2016, 10:54:41 PM »
Gotta love that Vix/Perdanese spindoctoring though.   :P

Besides, at this point Perdan is at a really bad place diplomatically. They've allied themselves to two realms that have no qualms about rape and murder, while also getting themselves bogged down in a war as Sirion has finished quelling Oligarch's rebellion. It basically leaves their back door open for Sirion and friends to reduce a potential threat like Perdan have been trying to do to Greater Xavax.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:59:05 PM by GundamMerc »

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: October 17, 2016, 03:12:41 PM »
Gotta love that Vix/Perdanese spindoctoring though.   :P

Besides, at this point Perdan is at a really bad place diplomatically. They've allied themselves to two realms that have no qualms about rape and murder, while also getting themselves bogged down in a war as Sirion has finished quelling Oligarch's rebellion. It basically leaves their back door open for Sirion and friends to reduce a potential threat like Perdan have been trying to do to Greater Xavax.

I wouldn't call Zakky a Perdanese spindoctor tbh. At this point he's the main reason Perdan is sucking harder than ever prob, on purpose. He's just trolling a bit.

And yes Perdan is at a very bad place atm, that's certainly true. And well there are other realms who've used rape and murder as well, not that often prob though.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #199: October 17, 2016, 06:16:43 PM »
And yes Perdan is at a very bad place atm, that's certainly true. And well there are other realms who've used rape and murder as well, not that often prob though.

Although I've only been playing a few years, I have never seen it used as much. Isolated incidents here and there that are immediately quashed, but that's it. Gives real teeth to the Xavax vs AlaraNova hatreds though. The whole region is like the South side of Chicago
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakilevo

« Reply #200: October 17, 2016, 08:20:56 PM »
Well with the recent looting changes, if loot leniently, you have a pretty good chance to rape women systematically. Too bad you don't rape men systematically too. Who knows if a region is just full of men.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: October 18, 2016, 02:17:18 AM »
People rape and murder peasantry quite often during really heated conflicts. It's just that you're the only one to exaggerate the issue. No reasonable medieval monarch would place his realm at risk geopolitically because some peasants got raped. I mean, even normal looting gets peasants killed and in my humble opinion homicide is slightly worse than rape. So yeah... Selenia's idiosyncratic rambling generally fall on deaf ears.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: October 18, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »
People rape and murder peasantry quite often during really heated conflicts. It's just that you're the only one to exaggerate the issue. No reasonable medieval monarch would place his realm at risk geopolitically because some peasants got raped. I mean, even normal looting gets peasants killed and in my humble opinion homicide is slightly worse than rape. So yeah... Selenia's idiosyncratic rambling generally fall on deaf ears.

Not really. Just look at Caligus, they're not joining the war because of it.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: October 18, 2016, 12:33:25 PM »

For the medieval world that prob would've hold true, but in BM generally around half of the rulers at least will consider it appalling enough to weigh it into their decisions.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #204: October 18, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

Selenia was a peasant herself. Being both common-born and female are perspectives that thread her entire narrative. I can't think of a historical example that is quite similar to her. Except maybe Boudicca comes closest...

As for which is worse, rape or murder, that is a matter of opinion. Selenia would select the former without hesitation.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 04:22:28 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: October 19, 2016, 02:31:05 AM »

The real medieval world operated on a system of salic law.  The divergance with Battlemaster to have gender equality means that the attitude to rape will most likely be far more pronounced when women are seen as equals to men and not simply as chattels.

Zakilevo

« Reply #206: October 19, 2016, 02:58:40 AM »
The real medieval world operated on a system of salic law.  The divergance with Battlemaster to have gender equality means that the attitude to rape will most likely be far more pronounced when women are seen as equals to men and not simply as chattels.

Let's not forget nowhere in BM that says women are physically inferior than men either. Also, BM men can have children too! Maybe even boobs! I need to put a feature request for systematic rape of men by women in this game!

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: October 19, 2016, 12:17:32 PM »
For the medieval world that prob would've hold true, but in BM generally around half of the rulers at least will consider it appalling enough to weigh it into their decisions.
Yeaaah.. Not buying that.
Selenia was a peasant herself. Being both common-born and female are perspectives that thread her entire narrative.
Hmm, fair enough. Makes sense for a baseborn to care about the smallfolk.
As for which is worse, rape or murder, that is a matter of opinion.
We are not talking feelings and personal opinions here but legal reality of every medieval culture.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: October 19, 2016, 01:37:41 PM »
Bull!@#$.

Did you not see where I said Caligus, THE CALIGUS, isn't in this war because of the rape? That's a pretty significant realm to have an opinion on it, especially because they have (to put it in CKII or EUIV terms) a plausible casus belli against Fallangard that they'd really enjoy taking advantage of.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: October 19, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »

I speak from experience on BM and I've played as ruler on every continent several times over by now, that does happen. What Gundanmerc tried to say is that there is already one definite example and trust me there are more. It depends much on the different realms, but many in the north prob wouldn't help you just because of that.