Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 209573 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #390: January 20, 2017, 03:51:17 AM »
Really? Because I remember distinctly that the rulers in GX really wanted Ibladesh City as well, either within GX or as a new realm. I'm about 70% sure this was also the information the rulers in Perleone had IG.

As for Alara, they were outnumbered enormously in noble count compared with GX, but GX is an exception in this case. In most other alliances at the time their noblecount back then would have kept them on a relative equal basis, especially if they can take some lands from GX in stead of Miinas Nova. It's Minas Nova who has the most problems atm with thei size of their cities, location and neighbours.

With the difference in noble count I'm not surprised GX had a strong upper hand from the beginning. 1 on 1 GX would beat any realm atm into a pulp and that's most likely what's scaring all the other realms. As all everyone else has heard is that GX wants to expand and that they have a lot of nobles. Everyone then did their math and went "uhm, nope let's stop them!"

No, GX did not want Ibladesh, especially at the beginning before Vix came in. They may with to remove it from Perleone control now to knock them out of the war, but that often becomes the case for many wars in Battlemaster even when the realm taking over the city doesn't want it, so hardly exceptional in that.

As for Minas Nova, why do you think I was clamoring for Alara to attack them when I was their general? It was clear they didn't have enough gold to support a large number of nobles.

I am pretty sure Kuriga doesn't know the full details either. I also remember GX wanting Ibladesh as well.

Oh, and you happen to know by some magical happenstance? GX didn't want Ibladesh, and probably still doesn't want it. They do want to knock Perleone out of the war, and that requires taking the city from them, even if just temporarily. So that's probably where you are confused. But please, keep acting like I know absolutely nothing about what Selenia's intentions were at the time. I'll just keep laughing all the way to the bank.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #391: January 20, 2017, 05:51:14 AM »
As someone who knows all the details....

Magnus had all sorts of crazy empire ideas, no one knew what he truly was planning but Robb two-timed him and he was deposed after that. Armed with the knowledge we were very aggressive against Alara and declared war when they refused to come clean about their intentions: we didn't want them to have enough time to organize.

Minas Nova did as expected and joined in and the rest is history. The war was originally punitive, Selenia offered to duel Robb to settle it but he refused. We then declared until Ejaar Puutl as part of Greater Xavax and it became a war of annexation. MN will be destroyed because of mutual hatred.

As for Ibladesh, Selenia wants it as a trophy and to show the rest of the island what happens when you cross us. My character will likely campaign for us to cede it or let it spin off as it is not part of Greater Xavax proper.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #392: January 20, 2017, 06:32:13 AM »
As someone who knows all the details....

Magnus had all sorts of crazy empire ideas, no one knew what he truly was planning but Robb two-timed him and he was deposed after that. Armed with the knowledge we were very aggressive against Alara and declared war when they refused to come clean about their intentions: we didn't want them to have enough time to organize.

Minas Nova did as expected and joined in and the rest is history. The war was originally punitive, Selenia offered to duel Robb to settle it but he refused. We then declared until Ejaar Puutl as part of Greater Xavax and it became a war of annexation. MN will be destroyed because of mutual hatred.

As for Ibladesh, Selenia wants it as a trophy and to show the rest of the island what happens when you cross us. My character will likely campaign for us to cede it or let it spin off as it is not part of Greater Xavax proper.
The very mention of Xavax earn you a kick out of the tavern :P
Personally I would like to see some characters do that and post the Roleplay, reports.

The same thing can be said about Ibladesh city. I do not think Perdan want other realm to hold Ibladesh city, that was before the Ice Age movie come out in East Continent.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #393: January 20, 2017, 10:13:36 AM »
No, GX did not want Ibladesh, especially at the beginning before Vix came in. They may with to remove it from Perleone control now to knock them out of the war, but that often becomes the case for many wars in Battlemaster even when the realm taking over the city doesn't want it, so hardly exceptional in that.

This will become a yes/no then.

Magnus himself wrote to Garas some of his plans, which included taking Ibladesh. That was even before the wars had begun.

You can keep saying no, but the fact that you weren't aware doesn't mean it wasn't part of the plan of the leadership (or maybe just Magnus who was ruler at the time). Xavax did want Ibladesh, even before the wars broke out. But they didn't want to start with it, because they feared Perdan/Vix would interfere (rightfully so) and thus they tried to get their power block with Alara going first. But don't tell me that GX didn't want Ibladesh, because their ruler told me himself that they did.

Sure you've been in the south and I haven't (well not since the fall of Ibladesh that is) but that doesn't mean you had access to more information than me by definition. Magnus and Garas had a good relationship and discussed a lot. Your char wasn't fully trusted by everyone, so surely they wouldn't give you all the info. But that doesn't mean it's not true.

This will be the last I'm saying about this particular subject. If you want to keep your 'truth' go right ahead.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #394: January 20, 2017, 09:06:56 PM »

disregard literally everything Magnus ever said. He was a teenager and that was almost 10 years ago IG anyway. It all went out the window
Literally everything. Magnus told different things to different people. Nor did he really poll the realm to see how we felt about anything. When it came to him, NO ONE had the whole story. It's part of why he lost his crown.

Come visit Selenia, then you'll have someone new to reminisce about!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #395: January 21, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »
Literally everything. Magnus told different things to different people. Nor did he really poll the realm to see how we felt about anything. When it came to him, NO ONE had the whole story. It's part of why he lost his crown.

Come visit Selenia, then you'll have someone new to reminisce about!

That may well be true, but the reason this side-discussion started was to explain why there is currently such a large alliance fighting against GX and why realms such as Alara and Perleone chose to fight Xavax. Within that context you cannot simply disregard anything Magnus ever said, especially not IC.

It is Selenia's job to fix what is broken in this regard, or at least try. Then you get the question whether or not people trust her word etc. We also get to everything that happened after this war started and we come to the conclusion that it won't be easy. Still, I believe GX can come out of this alive.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #396: January 21, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »
That may well be true, but the reason this side-discussion started was to explain why there is currently such a large alliance fighting against GX and why realms such as Alara and Perleone chose to fight Xavax. Within that context you cannot simply disregard anything Magnus ever said, especially not IC.

It is Selenia's job to fix what is broken in this regard, or at least try. Then you get the question whether or not people trust her word etc. We also get to everything that happened after this war started and we come to the conclusion that it won't be easy. Still, I believe GX can come out of this alive.

You realize that Magnus got the wool pulled over his eyes by Alara's King Robb, yes? The reason there's a huge alliance fighting GX is that Perdan and Vix were bored, but also too afraid of losing their power by fighting each other, so picked what looked like the easy target. They have claimed loudly that Greater Xavax is a huge threat to them, but are just deluding themselves. Have you looked at the statistics any at all?

In gold per noble, CS per noble, total econ, Greater Xavax is horribly out-matched. They make a measly 70 gold per noble, the lowest on the continent. The average CS per noble is just under 500 throughout this war. Vix by itself is on parity with total military to GX. God forbid I include everyone else fighting them. Total Econ is a joke, GX has only broken the 6k mark once in the past 3 months.

So to be frank, the coalition against GX is just horribly inept. I'm sorry. They're making a boogieman out of a realm that in everything but noble count and military strategy is relatively average.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #397: January 21, 2017, 09:10:56 PM »
You realize that Magnus got the wool pulled over his eyes by Alara's King Robb, yes? The reason there's a huge alliance fighting GX is that Perdan and Vix were bored, but also too afraid of losing their power by fighting each other, so picked what looked like the easy target. They have claimed loudly that Greater Xavax is a huge threat to them, but are just deluding themselves. Have you looked at the statistics any at all?

In gold per noble, CS per noble, total econ, Greater Xavax is horribly out-matched. They make a measly 70 gold per noble, the lowest on the continent. The average CS per noble is just under 500 throughout this war. Vix by itself is on parity with total military to GX. God forbid I include everyone else fighting them. Total Econ is a joke, GX has only broken the 6k mark once in the past 3 months.

So to be frank, the coalition against GX is just horribly inept. I'm sorry. They're making a boogieman out of a realm that in everything but noble count and military strategy is relatively average.

That's untrue. If you don't count militia then GX has twice as much marching army strength as any other realm on the continent. And noble count is the most important thing because it takes GX three times less time to TO than Vix, four times less than Alara. And pray tell, how much total CS would GX have if Vix/Perdan would allow them to stomp Alara, take their regions and max out all of those 60 nobles? I'll tell you 3x more than any other realm on the continent.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #398: January 21, 2017, 10:49:07 PM »
That's untrue. If you don't count militia then GX has twice as much marching army strength as any other realm on the continent. And noble count is the most important thing because it takes GX three times less time to TO than Vix, four times less than Alara. And pray tell, how much total CS would GX have if Vix/Perdan would allow them to stomp Alara, take their regions and max out all of those 60 nobles? I'll tell you 3x more than any other realm on the continent.

The average honour of GX nobles is 102 and if you subtract the top 5 its 57 and less the top 10 it's 40...

The biggest difference is that we have better RCs than you. You have more gold and nobles with way more honour. So don't blame us that your usual tactics don't work, git gud.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #399: January 22, 2017, 12:29:02 AM »
Except that in the min-maxing battle system of this game, more honor and being able to recruit more troops does not = more CS and better armies. A high-honor noble with a troop of 120 men(which will cost well over 150 gold a week if it is a good unit), will be out CS'd by three nobles with mid-sized units, AND they would be able to perform TO's faster. As far as RC's go, everyone maxes those out as well so the quality of the troops is not really a major factor. The bigger noble-count just means that BT tactics need to be used when you need to throw your faces against doomstacks and just wear them down until you make breakthroughs which is the exact situation that is occurring now. With all that being said it's okay in the end because it makes the conflict interesting and much better than a quick gang-bang/steamroll.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #400: January 22, 2017, 12:53:30 AM »
Diminishing returns works both ways. A seemingly forgotten strategy is the 200 man infantry pin cushion unit. Those big units, if you suck up your pride and retreat early, maintains their strength while small units don't.

It's not just CS. Look at the way Taselak is beating Ikalak soundly.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #401: January 22, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »
Ikalak is currently in a civil war with a good chunk of its nobles duking it out in the capital while the rest are trying to carry on with fighting. Not a good comparison really.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #402: January 22, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »
Except that in the min-maxing battle system of this game, more honor and being able to recruit more troops does not = more CS and better armies. A high-honor noble with a troop of 120 men(which will cost well over 150 gold a week if it is a good unit), will be out CS'd by three nobles with mid-sized units, AND they would be able to perform TO's faster. As far as RC's go, everyone maxes those out as well so the quality of the troops is not really a major factor. The bigger noble-count just means that BT tactics need to be used when you need to throw your faces against doomstacks and just wear them down until you make breakthroughs which is the exact situation that is occurring now. With all that being said it's okay in the end because it makes the conflict interesting and much better than a quick gang-bang/steamroll.

You'd be correct, except that Vix has the same CS total BY THEMSELVES. Then you go to CS per noble, and the difference is amazingly obvious. Also, pray tell how you would keep a good unit at 70 gold per week?

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403: January 22, 2017, 09:47:07 AM »
The average honour of GX nobles is 102 and if you subtract the top 5 its 57 and less the top 10 it's 40...

The biggest difference is that we have better RCs than you. You have more gold and nobles with way more honour. So don't blame us that your usual tactics don't work, git gud.

Oh, it's that 'we-you' thing again, you convinced me right away sir, I cease to discuss. Never do I know if I'm part of you's or we's and what makes me so; way too definitive and confusing pour moi.

You'd be correct, except that Vix has the same CS total BY THEMSELVES. Then you go to CS per noble, and the difference is amazingly obvious.

Yes well, CS total mayhaps. Altough huge chunk of this is militia. When it comes to marching army then half of GX takes on whole of Vix easily. Whole of GX vs whole of Vix-Perdan is a fair fight. And Perdan has to go pretty far to R&R which makes GX back at their "full" strength before Vix-Perdan even marches out of their capitols.

Also, pray tell how you would keep a good unit at 70 gold per week?

No idea, but GX somehow manages. Respect.

PS. GX sounds like the most fun realm to be in right now on the whole Battlemasterra. I wish I could join.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:53:49 AM by MTYL »
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #404: January 22, 2017, 09:59:36 AM »
Oh, it's that 'we-you' thing again, you convinced me right away sir, I cease to discuss. Never do I know if I'm part of you's or we's and what makes me so; way too definitive and confusing pour moi.

Yes well, CS total mayhaps. Altough huge chunk of this is militia. When it comes to marching army then half of GX takes on whole of Vix easily. Whole of GX vs whole of Vix-Perdan is a fair fight. And Perdan has to go pretty far to R&R which makes GX back at their "full" strength before Vix-Perdan even marches out of their capitols.

No idea, but GX somehow manages. Respect.

PS. GX sounds like the most fun realm to be in right now on the whole Battlemasterra. I wish I could join.

You know, it could possibly be because Vix uses so much militia that they don't have good mobile strength. GX more than likely has relatively small amounts of militia, maybe the other realms should learn from that.