Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 209597 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #405: January 22, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »
You know, it could possibly be because Vix uses so much militia that they don't have good mobile strength. GX more than likely has relatively small amounts of militia, maybe the other realms should learn from that.

With all due respect, but that makes no sense in the current situation. The reason why no militia makes sense for GX is because they don't have the gold to maintain it at all and all the gold needs to go to the mobile force. That's because there is not enough gold to have all its nobles recruit up properly and fully.

Vix on the other hand has more than enough gold to fully recruit all their nobles AND add militia to their regions. Gold is not an issue for them, nobles to use that gold on however is. I can assure you that Vix' mobile army would not grow stronger if they employ fewer militia.

If GX somehow manages to get more gold (by say hold Itorunt or Ibladesh) than they will be able to recruit an even far larger army than now. Like or not, the noble count of GX makes it the strongest realm atm and right now they're hampered by gold. If GX is allowed to expand further, their might will only increase. That is where the fear and risk of GX comes from.

Also to look at 'total' cs is a useless statistic in almost all cases. Mobile army is what you should look at. 
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: January 22, 2017, 07:38:57 PM »
Since when does noble count influence takeover speed? I thought it was just troop-hours (12 hours x 2 units x 60 men = 12 hours x 1 unit x 120 men).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #407: January 22, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »
With all due respect, but that makes no sense in the current situation. The reason why no militia makes sense for GX is because they don't have the gold to maintain it at all and all the gold needs to go to the mobile force. That's because there is not enough gold to have all its nobles recruit up properly and fully.

Vix on the other hand has more than enough gold to fully recruit all their nobles AND add militia to their regions. Gold is not an issue for them, nobles to use that gold on however is. I can assure you that Vix' mobile army would not grow stronger if they employ fewer militia.

If GX somehow manages to get more gold (by say hold Itorunt or Ibladesh) than they will be able to recruit an even far larger army than now. Like or not, the noble count of GX makes it the strongest realm atm and right now they're hampered by gold. If GX is allowed to expand further, their might will only increase. That is where the fear and risk of GX comes from.

Also to look at 'total' cs is a useless statistic in almost all cases. Mobile army is what you should look at.

You realize that one of the reasons GX has so many nobles is because of how many realms are trying and failing to suppress them, right? Quit buying into the bull!@#$. Perdan has much more potential than GX, but instead of doing something interesting and starting their own war, they join in a gangbang and wonder why they have hardly any nobles. Maybe if the other realms were to actually be proactive rather than reactive, they might have more nobles.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: January 23, 2017, 01:10:36 AM »
You realize that one of the reasons GX has so many nobles is because of how many realms are trying and failing to suppress them, right? Quit buying into the bull!@#$. Perdan has much more potential than GX, but instead of doing something interesting and starting their own war, they join in a gangbang and wonder why they have hardly any nobles. Maybe if the other realms were to actually be proactive rather than reactive, they might have more nobles.

From my understanding this has actually very little to do with it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: January 23, 2017, 10:50:10 AM »

From my understanding also.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: January 24, 2017, 06:54:05 AM »

And now you're not even having a discussion, it's just the "I believe with no proof" circlejerk with your friend here.

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411: January 24, 2017, 12:18:31 PM »
And now you're not even having a discussion, it's just the "I believe with no proof" circlejerk with your friend here.
I agree with MTYL and Chenier, for all we know, Perdan may have had 100 nobles joined this week, but no one stayed.

Methinks this is getting a little off topic.
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #412: January 24, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »

No, I have no desire to have much of a discussion, because multiple players of GX have proved to be extremely thin-skinned and take the slightest disapproval as some ultimate insult. Here again with the personal attacks and vulgarity... Again for nothing more than a statement of disapproval.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #413: January 24, 2017, 04:40:59 PM »
You'll find thin-skinned people everywhere.

That said, GX numbers did not swell because it was embattled. The way I and other sold it to new players was as an opportunity to engage in long-term, vibrant roleplay. Most of the players in GX are new and just over a dozen (mostly founders) have been in realm longer than 200 days. We've actually lost dozens of players for various reasons over the last year. Of the 30 or so original founding families, only half of that remains, to say nothing of all the new folks we were unable to retain.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414: January 24, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »
You'll find thin-skinned people everywhere.

That said, GX numbers did not swell because it was embattled. The way I and other sold it to new players was as an opportunity to engage in long-term, vibrant roleplay. Most of the players in GX are new and just over a dozen (mostly founders) have been in realm longer than 200 days. We've actually lost dozens of players for various reasons over the last year. Of the 30 or so original founding families, only half of that remains, to say nothing of all the new folks we were unable to retain.

Still, the influx of new players is impressive. I still have no idea how you managed to do that. Shame that most of them haven't engaged in other continents, Dwillight in particular.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #415: January 25, 2017, 07:13:06 AM »
-A brief aside-

Every time I log in and see yellow text on my family page, my heart skips in shock bc I instantly think that somehow, Selenia died.

This...
Your family has worked hard to regain some of its wealth spent on allowing you to start a military career, and has managed to make a profit of 15 gold.
Is NOT worth it, lol

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #416: January 25, 2017, 07:14:44 AM »
Still, the influx of new players is impressive. I still have no idea how you managed to do that. Shame that most of them haven't engaged in other continents, Dwillight in particular.

Fissoa is soooo dull. I'm seriously considering pausing my character there, but that's a subject for another board. I rather like the people we have in Xavax now, so many creative roleplayers. I seriously think the fact that we have so many realms against us helped keep the ones we had and helped drive recruitment. Everyone loves an underdog!

Bandit

• Peasant
  • Rivenstock
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: January 25, 2017, 10:16:10 PM »
Fissoa is soooo dull. I'm seriously considering pausing my character there, but that's a subject for another board. I rather like the people we have in Xavax now, so many creative roleplayers. I seriously think the fact that we have so many realms against us helped keep the ones we had and helped drive recruitment. Everyone loves an underdog!

Hear that? if the Vix and Perdan back off Xavax, eventually their players will burn out and leave! It's the perfect way to beat GX!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #418: January 25, 2017, 10:44:48 PM »
Hear that? if the Vix and Perdan back off Xavax, eventually their players will burn out and leave! It's the perfect way to beat GX!

DBZ Logic: Stop hitting the Saiyans and they will stop getting stronger...

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: January 26, 2017, 05:20:56 AM »

DBZ Logic: Stop hitting the Saiyans and they will stop getting stronger...

But he does have a bit of a point, JeVondair. If they hadn't come against us we probably not be as tight knit a realm as we are now. Look how we went head to head over Magnus. Of course, it's a bit too late to back off now. We coming for you now!  :P