Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 212930 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #420: January 26, 2017, 07:46:33 PM »
But he does have a bit of a point, JeVondair. If they hadn't come against us we probably not be as tight knit a realm as we are now. Look how we went head to head over Magnus. Of course, it's a bit too late to back off now. We coming for you now!  :P

Indeed. You've retained a lot of your new nobles no doubt thanks to the war. Had you just been holed up playing the isolationist game, retention might not have been as good.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #421: January 26, 2017, 07:59:39 PM »
Indeed. You've retained a lot of your new nobles no doubt thanks to the war. Had you just been holed up playing the isolationist game, retention might not have been as good.
Don't equivocate with 'might not'. I guarantee retention would not have been as good.

Now if only those isolationist realms could take up this lesson instead of being more worried about their titles.

War is a key part of BattleMaster.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422: January 26, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »
That's why Dwillight is dying. Not enough happening. A bit of rogue struggles in Madina and Westgard but everything else is just peace and no events whatsoever. Enthropy reached maximum.

But I think it's people who make things happen. BattleMaster mechanics would get boring after couple of weeks. But it being a perfect boilerplate or rather petri dish for roleplays and community input makes it trully interesting. And GX has the best community atm, I think. Granted some of them tend to be a little bit overly, uhm... in (?), but hey, I bet it makes for a lot of happenings and events.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #423: January 26, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »
That's why Dwillight is dying. Not enough happening. A bit of rogue struggles in Madina and Westgard but everything else is just peace and no events whatsoever. Enthropy reached maximum.

But I think it's people who make things happen. BattleMaster mechanics would get boring after couple of weeks. But it being a perfect boilerplate or rather petri dish for roleplays and community input makes it trully interesting. And GX has the best community atm, I think. Granted some of them tend to be a little bit overly, uhm... in (?), but hey, I bet it makes for a lot of happenings and events.

Well it's kinda dangerous to say one community is better than the other because a lot of people are different and a lot of people prefer different things. There are enough other realms also which have enough things happening, although GX does sound like fun, don't get me wrong :)

And on Dwilight Astrum is actually busy all the time, but yeah the continent has its own problems.

Also, I'm pretty sure GX would've fought it's wars regardless of this big one, but of course activity like this war helps any realm.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #424: January 26, 2017, 09:33:09 PM »
And when something is done to try to fix it, people bawl about leaving the game because they're losing their titles, regions, or what have you. Records in a database being preferred over interaction with fellow players.

But I think it's people who make things happen.
This. Absolutely this. And again, this.

And GX has the best community atm, I think.
And that's a problem where folks think of themselves as distinct from the rest of the community. (Note: I don't think that was your intent to convey, but something I've noticed that came to mind upon reading this sentence). Especially when it goes as far as viewing other players as enemies, not their characters, behaving OOCly with mistrust of enemy players accusing them of cheating, or excusing cheating because its on your side.

I think GX's new players offer a lot to the rest of the community of things that have been forgotten and fallen by the wayside over the years. But that isn't shared when its so concentrated.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #425: January 27, 2017, 03:03:54 PM »
Don't equivocate with 'might not'. I guarantee retention would not have been as good.

Now if only those isolationist realms could take up this lesson instead of being more worried about their titles.

War is a key part of BattleMaster.

To be fair, everyone in GX seems to claim to WANT to be isolationists. All long-term plans I've heard from there involved pretty much this, focusing inwards and all. It's kind of ironic, really.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #426: January 27, 2017, 05:41:04 PM »
To be fair, everyone in GX seems to claim to WANT to be isolationists. All long-term plans I've heard from there involved pretty much this, focusing inwards and all. It's kind of ironic, really.
I've had experiences with realms wanting to be isolationist. Their players end up changing realms, pausing their character, or leaving the game entirely. Their ruling characters still clinging to their regions and titles. GX, don't make that mistake. Join guilds and religions with non-GX members. Interact with your government peers. Roleplay with folks from foreign lands. But don't cut yourself off into your own realm, realm guilds, and realm religion.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #427: January 27, 2017, 10:08:09 PM »
...GX probably has the highest outside realm interaction since I got to EC five years ago! Their reliance on face to face diplomacy sort of demands it. But then, we are neighbours in CE.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #428: January 27, 2017, 11:29:22 PM »
...GX probably has the highest outside realm interaction since I got to EC five years ago! Their reliance on face to face diplomacy sort of demands it. But then, we are neighbours in CE.

Then you must have a lot, because I know others have it too. What exactly would you consider 'outside realm interaction' in this matter? Is that just taunting the enemy after a lost battle, or actual shared guilds/religions etc?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #429: January 28, 2017, 03:10:32 AM »
Then you must have a lot, because I know others have it too. What exactly would you consider 'outside realm interaction' in this matter? Is that just taunting the enemy after a lost battle, or actual shared guilds/religions etc?

I would wonder as well, because when I was there, few seemed interested/enthralled by the idea of spreading influence to other realms through such devices. Isolationism and all command.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #430: January 28, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »
Not terribly much we can do, given our status and location, but...
  • Since Uthred died, we'ev been working on a new, inclusive religion idea
  • Also, Selenia makes no diplomatic deals with rulers she has not eaten and drank with first
  • Her death and Qu's declaration of litchdom have spawned several inter-realm diplomatic events thus far.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #431: January 28, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »
I'm talking about just popping over for a visit, visiting heads of state, attending rp gala events. I made sure even though my character wasn't a royal, he found a pretense to attend (once as Duke, another as an honour guard for the king). I had a lot of fun because I made it fun for myself.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #432: January 28, 2017, 05:20:16 PM »
  • Since Uthred died, we'ev been working on a new, inclusive religion idea
Because EC needs an 8th independent religion with one priest each and not folks to work with each other in the existing religions? I'm skeptical, even if you bend over backwards trying to be inclusive for people, that it will be anything but another localized realm religion.

• Also, Selenia makes no diplomatic deals with rulers she has not eaten and drank with first
I think this is an interesting method and encouraging towards interaction.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #433: January 30, 2017, 07:30:09 AM »
I do like how Selenia been making GX a successful realm to live in, considering many nobles join them. On one side, I have been having issues with Nivemus, I am considering to step down for awhile now. Too many Rulers, too much things to do. Give those ambitious nobles chance to fulfill their endless dreams. Maybe it is Selenia charm, her constant Roleplays, her influence to a certain extent.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #434: February 03, 2017, 02:56:18 AM »
I do like how Selenia been making GX a successful realm to live in, considering many nobles join them. On one side, I have been having issues with Nivemus, I am considering to step down for awhile now. Too many Rulers, too much things to do. Give those ambitious nobles chance to fulfill their endless dreams. Maybe it is Selenia charm, her constant Roleplays, her influence to a certain extent.

aww shucks  :)
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"