Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 212311 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #630: December 06, 2017, 12:11:40 PM »
I will move out of Sirion... it's just Xavax now, plus Elric (meh), plus Echtelion (MEHHH). After they divide the realm in one smaller one in Slimbar and another in Krimml, the the Sirion of old is definitely dead and buried. Unfortunately, not through war.

And the problem is... now Xavax will not want to leave Sirion... and I will not have anywhere to go. At least not with them. C'mon, Garas! Take some action on this, FAST!  :-X
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #631: December 06, 2017, 12:25:31 PM »
Working on it
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632: December 06, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Not up to Garas. At this point, its kind of sort of up to the Path, and to a lesser extent, Asher/Sigrid/etc to convince the mainstream xavax to kick into high-gear.

The promise has been made. The council is in agreement. The banker has sworn funding. The law is on our side. Our new home stands ready for us. Its up to Xavax to march there and grab destiny by the balls/tits/horns. Ball-tit-horns? Horn-tit-balls... Either way, we need the Faithful at our backs.

I mean, technically, I can just leave and have Sigrid champion the whole thing, and let Xavax trickle in bit by bit, but that'd be significantly less dramatic and interesting from an IC/RP point of view.

Though... It'd be easy to set up an initial loyalist government and avoid trouble down the road... Hmm...

What d'y'all think? I figured we let everyone vote. Whoever wants to stay in Sirion proper, stays. Whoever wants to try to pry Oligarch from Ecthelion's cold, quasi-dead, freakishly-elongated Elven comatose fingers, good luck with that. Whoever wants to join the northern breadbasket splinter-realm, may Phoenix have mercy on your soul. Whoever wants to found a 100% neutral, protected-by-ceasefire, funded by allied bankers, staffed by Xavax, on the cusp of where we can actually and feasibly see our homeland ressurrected without anyone telling us where to march or what to do, well...

You can join Sigrid and have some fun with it. :)
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633: December 06, 2017, 12:45:31 PM »
Nope not the name, everything else yup. You can chamge the full name though and call it like "Xavax' Sirion" prob xD

Not quite. Only the admins can change the name of a realm and they won't do it for you just because you won a rebellion.

However, they can and sometimes will change it if there's a good RP reason to do so.

For example, Outer Tilog conquered Giblot and created a new realm called Inner Tilog. Then the remaining Giblotians within the new realm overthrew the government and declared war on Outer Tilog - so the admins agreed to change the realm name to Giblot.

So if the Xavaxians were to have a revolution explicitly to transform Sirion into Novus Xavax and win then they could ask the admins and they might agree to manually change the realm name for them. But it's not something that just automatically happens anytime a ruler asks for it.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #634: December 07, 2017, 08:08:20 AM »
Sigh. Seeing the news from Sirion, now I understand why Xavax nobles frustrated :(

Krimml city.... fallen Fontan realm capital...
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #635: December 07, 2017, 10:55:02 AM »
Sirion should have changed its name already. If it were not for two or three important names, most of the nobles don't have a clue about Sirion.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #636: December 07, 2017, 11:58:56 AM »
Sigh. Seeing the news from Sirion, now I understand why Xavax nobles frustrated :(

Krimml city.... fallen Fontan realm capital...

Well you're the Kronogos. Just give them both Kazakh and Kalmar, maybe then they'll accept.

In the meantime EC continues to explode, interesting to behold.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #637: December 07, 2017, 12:03:20 PM »
They asked for 6 regions istead the ones in Slimbar. We gave them... we asked them to work with Nivemus. What I saw in the letter we get from Nivemus is pretty much a bitch slap: "we did our homework and managed the taxes problem better than you, or just like you should have done."
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #638: December 07, 2017, 12:18:47 PM »
They asked for 6 regions istead the ones in Slimbar. We gave them... we asked them to work with Nivemus. What I saw in the letter we get from Nivemus is pretty much a bitch slap: "we did our homework and managed the taxes problem better than you, or just like you should have done."

Wait what?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #639: December 07, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »
The Senate asked Hrafn and Cymak if they had a better idea to create a new realm in the border instead of in Slimbar when we protested this option. Like... "If you have a better option, we need 6 regions". We told them about the 6 regions in the border, but it will need some exchange of regions with Nivemus and even a joint new realm with Krimml, Oligarch, Khalmar, etc.

I do not think it matters anymore... they're going to stick with the plan on Slimbar anyway, opening up a chance for someone clever to destroy Sirion from inside. When you don't have to go through Trinbar/Sirion, Parm or Avamar... piece of cake. But after the letter I saw from Nivemus, they made Sirion look like a bunch of incompetents.
Serpentis again!

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #640: December 07, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »
What is going on? Someone actually wanted to give Xavax nobles Slimbar? Damn... Never thought Sirion wanted to give up on their ring of fortifications.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #641: December 07, 2017, 01:08:49 PM »
They intend to build a realm in Slimbar and one in Krimml. Slimbar is a mistake, but they don't care. They prefer to raise their taxes. I doubt Xavax will want to join Slimbar, it's a golden cage. Well, unless they want to take it and wage war against Sirion. They prefer Krimml. And Oligarch is out of discussion because Ecthelion is away (not enough to pause the char) and they still think they cannot decide if the Lord of Oligarch is away, like if the city belongs to him and not to Sirion.

Sirion is a f*cked up realm right now.
Serpentis again!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #642: December 07, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
Lol ;D

Their idea of Slimbar is crazy one, that much for sure. I want give them a few regions near my border to them, but I hesitate because I know these regions are badlands, useless if you must be crazy to want it. Otherwise why would Sirion let Osslamar become rogue and the region joins Nivemus? I even consider to let it become rogue or give back to Sirion.

And that tax they running? Mindblowing. Secret sorry :-X
Nivemus? They doing not that good but not that bad either. I think only Brigdha know Brock well in this aspect, Brock managed finance pretty well as former Fontan Banker. Only NA will know how Nivemus help other NA realm in financial aspect as well ;)

Well you're the Kronogos. Just give them both Kazakh and Kalmar, maybe then they'll accept.

In the meantime EC continues to explode, interesting to behold.
The Senate asked Hrafn and Cymak if they had a better idea to create a new realm in the border instead of in Slimbar when we protested this option. Like... "If you have a better option, we need 6 regions". We told them about the 6 regions in the border, but it will need some exchange of regions with Nivemus and even a joint new realm with Krimml, Oligarch, Khalmar, etc.
Yes, practically that. Oh well, let my Dukes goes ahead with the plan to refound the new realm in Kazakh and Kalmar. Maybe let Sirion see what they been missing out on ;)

I have a worry, but should be proven not an issue. It is about the new realm capital, if we make the capital at Kazakh I think should be no issue. But if we make the capital at Kalmar, that can be an issue if we shorten the refit route. Considering we have a current case in other island, I better tread carefully on this part. Don't want to mess up.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #643: December 07, 2017, 01:27:01 PM »
And that tax they running? Mindblowing. Secret sorry :-X

LOL. If Brock didn't lie in the letter to Thomas, everyone already knows. The letter was opened to the public.

Yes, practically that. Oh well, let my Dukes goes ahead with the plan to refound the new realm in Kazakh and Kalmar. Maybe let Sirion see what they been missing out on ;)

The worst is that they will establish an useless and dangerous realm in Slimbar anyway.
Serpentis again!

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644: December 07, 2017, 01:27:58 PM »
I have a worry, but should be proven not an issue. It is about the new realm capital, if we make the capital at Kazakh I think should be no issue. But if we make the capital at Kalmar, that can be an issue if we shorten the refit route. Considering we have a current case in other island, I better tread carefully on this part. Don't want to mess up.

As long as the purpose of the secession isn't to shorten the refit route, and as long as there's a decent IC reason for the capital location, then you won't run into trouble with titans for the secession.

Strategic secessions motivated to take advantage of gameplay mechanics aren't allowed. Secessions for valid IC reasons which happen to also have some gameplay mechanic upsides are fine.

As an example:

Highmarch seceded in wartime but that was fine because it was a longstanding IC goal to split Vix to create a new democracy. The fact that the new realm had a slightly shorter refit routes was a benefit of the secession but it wasn't the reason for the secession.