Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 209566 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #660: December 07, 2017, 07:33:45 PM »
This... and as I said, OOC, I know. It can be good. But IC, it's suicide. You can give regions in the front, but put a realm behind the belt... suicide.
Sometimes, it behooves us as players to do the thing that is the most OOC fun and to find an IC reason why it makes sense for your character to do that. We're creative players. I'm sure reasons could be found.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #661: December 07, 2017, 07:38:44 PM »
Never understood the reasoning behind resurrecting dead realms. They died, make a new one.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #662: December 07, 2017, 07:40:29 PM »
I will create my Nova Sirion... with blackjack and hookers!
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #663: December 07, 2017, 08:05:24 PM »
Never understood the reasoning behind resurrecting dead realms. They died, make a new one.

That depends on the context imo. Xavax wanting to reform their realm or Oligarch make sense. Recreating Tuchanon VII makes sense ^^ But doing Fontan now for instance no longer makes sense.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #664: December 07, 2017, 08:07:41 PM »
Make a new realm! Make the Roisin Dubh!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #665: December 07, 2017, 08:43:26 PM »

There is something to be said that if the people still exist as a unit, then the realm still exists.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #666: December 07, 2017, 09:34:20 PM »
That depends on the context imo. Xavax wanting to reform their realm or Oligarch make sense. Recreating Tuchanon VII makes sense ^^ But doing Fontan now for instance no longer makes sense.

TUCHANON XXIX!!!!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667: December 07, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »
Well look at Madina. That realm died because of treason from within, prompting all of their lords to change allegiance to Fissoa. But the Madinan nobles were still about and eventually they seceded to form a new realm, with the name of Madina, exactly where the old realm of Madina had been. There's nothing wrong with that :)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668: December 08, 2017, 12:13:15 AM »
If and when a culture remains intact, it makes sense for realms to be reborn. Whether or not they truly, or fully, resemble the old realm is another story.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #669: December 08, 2017, 05:17:10 AM »
...Moment of truth! Alright Xavax, time to kick into high-gear. Lets see a Xavax-run government!

Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #670: December 08, 2017, 09:05:30 AM »
Well look at Madina. That realm died because of treason from within, prompting all of their lords to change allegiance to Fissoa. But the Madinan nobles were still about and eventually they seceded to form a new realm, with the name of Madina, exactly where the old realm of Madina had been. There's nothing wrong with that :)

I actually think this is an example of a terrible recreation.
The realm was finished off in a bloody seccesion war against the seceeded Aurvandil which was plagued by serious multi cheating(same people as Thulsoma, Averorth etc they used multis to harvest gold and sent it all to one place raising massive armies between 20 and 40 K CS at certain points in regions like Valkyrja which made about 200/300 gold ).
It was actually a vary sad moment in BM, or atleast for me as (co) founder of Madina.

The new Madina was founded by some old members (atleast two if i recall correctly), but didnt have anything to do with Madina.
It didnt share culture or the way the realm was designed, they actually went for the complete opposite.
The founders of the new Madina wherent creative enough to come up with their own name and flag and thus used that of the old Madina.
Wiki pages all kept refering to the old Madina and the new Madina became an empty husk of a relam build around a single ruler/Duke with no background, code of law or anything which it still is.
In contrast, the old Madina was put allot of work into and had a very unique style of governance that isnt like anything else in BM.
The new Madina didnt adopt all that because it was a very decentralized system and wouldnt allow for a single character to have all the power like now.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #671: December 08, 2017, 11:11:57 AM »
Yeah, that sucked. I remember fighting Aurvandil, those armies were ridiculous.

Also, what's the point in bringing back Madina without the madina way of life? I mean... Ffs, at that point its just NOT Madina.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #672: December 08, 2017, 12:26:27 PM »
Same here, but then with Barca. I remember being one of the guys responsible for the pact with the Zuma of all creatures just to hold Aurvandil at bay and save Barca.

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #673: December 08, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
Oh my gods has it been that long? Whatever happened after that? Didn't Barca go splat?

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #674: December 08, 2017, 12:56:33 PM »
Tried to forcefully colonize Shinnen due to forced migration which was Lurian territory. Got to Shinnen Purlieus but never got the city. Whole thing ultimately failed.