Author Topic: Greater Xavax Imperium  (Read 209804 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Greater Xavax Imperium
« Reply #675: December 08, 2017, 07:23:42 PM »
...Moment of truth! Alright Xavax, time to kick into high-gear. Lets see a Xavax-run government!

You mean Sirion?  :P ::)

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676: December 08, 2017, 11:13:19 PM »
Ha! That was the initial source of the joke, yes. Although I sincerely doubt they'll just roll over and let the Xavax take over without a struggle.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #677: December 09, 2017, 02:05:26 AM »
I actually think this is an example of a terrible recreation.
The realm was finished off in a bloody seccesion war against the seceeded Aurvandil which was plagued by serious multi cheating(same people as Thulsoma, Averorth etc they used multis to harvest gold and sent it all to one place raising massive armies between 20 and 40 K CS at certain points in regions like Valkyrja which made about 200/300 gold ).
It was actually a vary sad moment in BM, or atleast for me as (co) founder of Madina.

The new Madina was founded by some old members (atleast two if i recall correctly), but didnt have anything to do with Madina.
It didnt share culture or the way the realm was designed, they actually went for the complete opposite.
The founders of the new Madina wherent creative enough to come up with their own name and flag and thus used that of the old Madina.
Wiki pages all kept refering to the old Madina and the new Madina became an empty husk of a relam build around a single ruler/Duke with no background, code of law or anything which it still is.
In contrast, the old Madina was put allot of work into and had a very unique style of governance that isnt like anything else in BM.
The new Madina didnt adopt all that because it was a very decentralized system and wouldnt allow for a single character to have all the power like now.

And as it often is. New Fronen has only the name in common with the old. Different lands, different people, different culture, even different flag. Unlike Madina, that was mostly used to piggy back on sympathy capital the name generated for certain people in BT, which helped legitimize and support the creation of this new realm ("we'll recreate Fronen!" had more traction than "we'll create a new realm!").

Xinhai became Morek (or Morek Empire?), but I think that one was at least much closer than the Fronen and Madina examples.

Honestly, I think the cases where realms are reborn true to their original identity is rare, if it ever happens. Death transforms a realm.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #678: December 13, 2017, 03:28:49 PM »
Honestly, I think the cases where realms are reborn true to their original identity is rare, if it ever happens. Death transforms a realm.

I have found this to be the case as well. I've been tempted to recreate dead realms but I know I could not revive the same soul the realm had, and thus let the dead realm stay dead
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #679: December 13, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
All of this is also a timely reminder that having your realm destroyed is not actually the worst thing in the world. We all have realms that we love (or have loved, in the case of fallen realms), but there's always the ability to create something new. Some times, those new creations will fly, other times they'll fall flat. But a proportion of them will work. Over the years, I've seen so many players quit when a realm is destroyed (and I've often felt that's probably the biggest way we lose players who've been around for a while), but they could go on to be part of new things.

Creating new thing is part of the fun of the game. The East Continent had become stale, and it's these new opportunities that have brought it back to life. The other aspect of this is that old, established, realms need to always be open to allowing spaces for new creations.