Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 37940 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #105: July 08, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »
why are you so concerned with losing?
Its not about singular instances. You know full well I have roleplayed through loss as much as anyone else. And risk, you know I have pushed some of my characters into extremely-unlikely risks that don't always pan out. Nor is it about characters, realms, religions, guilds in any specific instance. Its about an overall trend by some.

also most if not all of you have been on the other side of the coin in some other realm
Which is why I've tried to keep the other side's perspective in mind when I am the 'victor'. Hence being open to Perdan's survival. Or advocating delaying striking Barca and Asylon as long as possible, from Luria etc. I cannot deny that Lorgan influenced me in this regard with how he has played Dunbor and OOC discussions about Fingolfin. And why it is all the more frustrating to have had Perdan claim 'small realms, limited wars', and then do just the opposite with fellow players that were for all those things, when we should be working with each other to show how it can work, not how it can turn into another gangbang. That, may really be the crux of it for me. Here I thought we were working around a table with fellow players, despite our characters fighting a war, to show a better, more balanced way of playing out a story, and then they just wipe us off the board with the same old styles as before because WINNING! And yes, I find it quite suspicious that this happened at the same time that I was told (IRC) many older players had returned to Perdan, and at the same time reports of increased OOC drama started occurring inside Perdan.

EDIT: I think I do this out of twofold reasoning being IC 'give them plenty of rope to hang themselves with' infowar style, combined with OOC giving players opportunity to shift gears when things aren't going well.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:22:59 PM by Vita »