Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 38376 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #60: July 05, 2016, 01:00:17 PM »
I doubt Caligus would go against Vix, which means they'll prob either war against Oligarch, or against Fallangard making either war much more fun.

Would love to stand corrected on this one however, but I've kind of lost faith by now.

Wait, weren't they warring Oligarch?

And well, Caligus and Fallangard aren't the best of pals.. But who knows with the new High King, things might change!
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: July 05, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »
Wait, weren't they warring Oligarch?

And well, Caligus and Fallangard aren't the best of pals.. But who knows with the new High King, things might change!

They pulled out as Oligarch was willing to sign peace, but then the rest wasn't and just wanted their destruction something the old Queen of Caligus didn't think was required now that Caligus had captured enough new lands. With the new King who knows if they'll join back.

And "things might change", seems very likely yes...
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: July 05, 2016, 02:04:24 PM »
when you have no real counter, resort to pedantry

edit: well, thats not necessarily fair, but ill leave it in case it is.

in case its not, the same silly lines of reasoning and blatant disregard of facts has been thrown at both myself in ooc channels and kellan in ic, to the point that me trying to carefully distinguish between the two is a pointless exercise in over-exactness. in the end, vindication will be both ooc and ic.

It was an honest question, asked out of curiosity. It seems to me that you often assume the worst of people.

Of course there will always be people who disagree with you, or lie to you, ICly or OOCly. The rest of the world is not one person. Some people are just dishonest. Some people are normally honest but have no problems with lying in a game with imaginary castles and knights.

Many people here seems to take BM too seriously for my tastes. I hope it doesn't sour their enjoyment of the game.

Cheers. :)
------
qui audet vincit

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 05, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »
They pulled out as Oligarch was willing to sign peace, but then the rest wasn't and just wanted their destruction something the old Queen of Caligus didn't think was required now that Caligus had captured enough new lands. With the new King who knows if they'll join back.

And "things might change", seems very likely yes...

Oh Okay. Haven't been following up on the Northern diplomacy lately. It sounds like one big gangbang if I may trust the War notifications I'm getting.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: July 05, 2016, 02:51:09 PM »
Oh Okay. Haven't been following up on the Northern diplomacy lately. It sounds like one big gangbang if I may trust the War notifications I'm getting.

It is. Oligarch's lands are now being TO'd with no way to do anything against it obviously. Only the city will hold, but if Caligus joins also it will be a tough job to even hold the city. Fortunately they're being led by Sirion and they are not particularly known for great military strategy :) As long as people don't start to listen to Daniel Risk the city should be safe a while longer. But yeah, at this point I actually think Oligarch City might fall. That's a feeling I haven't had for the entire duration of this war.

And with Oligarch down, the north will come south, especially since Eponllyn and Nivemus now joined the gangbang against Oligarch. Let's see what happens next.

Licinius

• Knight
  • Rise so high, in mud you lie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 05, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
Would anyone mind giving me a brief rundown of the alliances and grudges of each realm?

I do know that Greater Xavax and Fallangard are federation parnters and Vix Tiramora are allied with Perdan, Caligus and Perleone.

Is Perleone a puppet realm of Perdan?

Hic Sunt Leones,
Rise so high, in mud you lie.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: July 05, 2016, 04:05:57 PM »
Last time I saw the High Queen discuss war with Fallangard, she mentioned it would be over Abadan. Something about not being able to work out a deal for the region and wanting to see her realm "whole". Vix recently took Abadan, basically cutting the Mines off from the rest of Caligus, which is why I brought them up. ;)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: July 05, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »
Last time I saw the High Queen discuss war with Fallangard, she mentioned it would be over Abadan. Something about not being able to work out a deal for the region and wanting to see her realm "whole". Vix recently took Abadan, basically cutting the Mines off from the rest of Caligus, which is why I brought them up. ;)

Fallangard is to Caligus what Oligarch is to Sirion, mostly just a bunch of rebels which should not be alive in the first place let alone in a city which 'rightfully' belongs to them. Vix and Caligus are buddies, so wouldn't be surprised if Abadan is transfered shortly.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: July 05, 2016, 04:31:48 PM »
Would anyone mind giving me a brief rundown of the alliances and grudges of each realm?

I do know that Greater Xavax and Fallangard are federation parnters and Vix Tiramora are allied with Perdan, Caligus and Perleone.

Hic Sunt Leones,

I can really only speak of the Southern Realms:

Alara, Minas Nova, and Perleone, are allies. They were the original three realms that arrayed themselves against Xavax when Xavax declared war against Alara. They've also recently (or were already) allied with Perdan and Vix. Minas Nova and Xavax hold a mutual Hatred, while Alara/Xavax Have Hatred/War repectively. Perleone/Xavax are merely at War standing.

Perdan and Vix are at war with Xavax and Fallangard. Their greatest achievement to date has been the taking of Abadan from Fallangard.

Caligus is allied with Alara and Perleone, but has been ignoring those alliances in part of an agreement between the High Queen and Xerarch that as long as Fallangard only engaged in defensive actions within Xavax, Caligus would stay out of it. Caligus has thus remained at peace with Xavax and Fallangard. Caligus' High Queen did give their ally Vix travel rights through their regions though (and let us know ahead of time that she was going to do it). It remains to be seen if any of these verbal agreements hold with the change in rulership in Caligus.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #69: July 05, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »
its easy to see Perdan as the big bad guy in xavax given the situation, but the reality is xavax was screwed as a realm the moment Magnus beat viridiana by half a vote.

Letting Magnus win was a mistake, yes, but I wouldn't say Xavax is doomed quite yet...

Quit trying to rewrite history OOCly.

+1
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: July 05, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »
It was founded as a puppet realm in war against Eponllyn, but the Perdanites that formed it and stayed within Perdan, and those who stayed within Perleone, are no longer around and relations have changed since the founding. Since then, there have been Perdan-Perleone conflicts, but now they are working together against Xavax. The very name Perleone comes from Perdan and Minas Leon, an Atamaran realm ruled by Perleone's first king Nigel de La Fere's relative. Perleone, at this point, is probably small-enough populated that a group of dedicated players could probably restore it to whatever vision they so desire with little resistance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:28:07 PM by Vita »

Konrad

• BM Dev Team
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: July 05, 2016, 09:01:59 PM »
I think Caligus is in the awkward position of having too much power and too few ways to use it responsibly. There was considerable realm outcry to put the brakes on the Oligarch war after it was very clear the tides had turned as many didn't want to continue a war of destruction. I think this is the main reason Fallangard hasn't been bombed to death but man is that an awkward realm location. The problem really is that the three central powers are all linked in some way and prevents interesting balanced conflicts in the north or south. I'm curious to see what the new High King will do with that.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: July 05, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »
I think Caligus is in the awkward position of having too much power and too few ways to use it responsibly. There was considerable realm outcry to put the brakes on the Oligarch war after it was very clear the tides had turned as many didn't want to continue a war of destruction. I think this is the main reason Fallangard hasn't been bombed to death but man is that an awkward realm location. The problem really is that the three central powers are all linked in some way and prevents interesting balanced conflicts in the north or south. I'm curious to see what the new High King will do with that.

Well it was my understanding that Perdan and Caligus are still not on a good foot (would fit history well). Another problem is that Caligus holds so much land already that it prob doesn't have that many expansion possibilities either, taking away a huge reason for backstabbing and war.

In my entire BM life (this one and my previous one) I've never seen Caligus fighting a war where it was not certain they'd be victorious (unless someone declared war on them), but now with the power that they have I'm curious if that will change or not.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: July 07, 2016, 10:30:26 AM »
Vita, you really have to let go... I understand your anger, but it doesn't help lashing out like that.
Quit trying to rewrite history OOCly.
Wait, what? :D
But really, dude. A bit too much hostility coming from you and you need to keep yourself in check in an OOC forum.

On a different note, why didn't Oligarch ally with Eponllyn early on? I thought they were on very friendly terms, no?

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: July 07, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »

On a different note, why didn't Oligarch ally with Eponllyn early on? I thought they were on very friendly terms, no?

They were, at least when we (Vix) were dealing with them. Oligarch even stood up for Eppy with all the region allegiance changing and stuff.

Guess every realm needs a war in the end, and if it's an easy one, hell why not. But don't quote me on that, my knowledge of the Northern politics are rather.. vague.