Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 38575 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #90: July 08, 2016, 02:42:27 PM »
I am no lover of Perdan as a concept, but in reality at least they try something different.
Not sure what you see different, as my perspective has them being their same old selves.

What I find sad in the Eponllyn situation is that, as I have said, they were a realm not afraid to be individuals who are now falling into the block...
We held out through a lot of odds. I think most of the attitude change is a result of the loss of the old guard's influence between Siana, Garas, Myrnia, and Jeroen (I think Myrnia is around still, but not as engaged) departing. List of names not exhaustive, just representative.

If we are going to rake over the last war I would also say that Eponllyn were not the drivers for peace with Perdan... they got on board before Sirion, but it was Nivemus who pushed for peace, as I'm sure you will remember Vita, Catherine was slated and slandered for not wanting to crush Perdan from many sides including many of the more actives of Eponllyn, so please don't try to make out that you were such a generous realm pushing to give them peace. Garin got that a dead Perdan left no counter weight to Sirion so came on board, but he certainly didn't instigate.
Now that you bring it up, I do remember that Catherine got a lot of slack and controversy standing up for Perdan. But I would not say that 'Eponllyn were not the drivers for peace' because internally, there was definitely a pro-survival movement just as much as ther was a *very* anti-Perdanite hateful element within Nivemus. Nivemus was no shining star in the campaign for peace either. Considering Perdan's history, I think we can both agree that Nivemus and Eponllyn were bitterly divided internally on the matter. My character was the most-supportive of Perdan's survival after Fionna was elected after Meivmayr. During Meivmayr, Jeroen was open, but skeptical. Garin was always a very calculated, neutral king in his policy statements. Most of how Eponllyn ran was that either the realm or advisors discussed a matter and he would somehow come out with a very representative-solution from the nobility's interests. I rarely saw Garin put up his own opinion besides certain character virtues/values he expected Eponlli to uphold. Or at least, thats the way I interpreted his character.

Whats more it was well known the minute that deal was signed ensured that there would be a war between Eponllyn and Perdan at some stage, they would never accept the loss of their namesake city.
Because Perdan must always have it both ways, their way.