Author Topic: Really Eponlynn?  (Read 38563 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Really Eponlynn?
« Reply #90: July 08, 2016, 02:44:05 PM »
Part of the problem I think is the attitude that 'if you do not like it our way, then you do not get to play on our island at all', somewhat reminiscent of older CE attitudes that brought Atamara to what it is. Who do you play with if you're continually pushing others off the island?

I'd like to reinforce this.

This is not a competitive game. You get no prize for "winning." You get no praise for forcing people to do things your way.

It is in each and every player's best interests to ensure that the other players in the game are enjoying what is happening. That doesn't mean that people should stop trying to win wars—but it does mean that that should not be the focus of your existence.

If a whole bunch of people are telling you that what you're doing is upsetting and negatively affecting their overall experience playing the game, that doesn't mean you should entrench further and just ask your buddies who are doing it with you if they still think it's OK. It means you should stop and try to see it from their point of view. Really, seriously think about what you're doing, and, though it's a very hard thing to do sometimes, maybe admit that your way isn't perfect.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan