Author Topic: The Tale of Barrett Brine  (Read 10687 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Barrett Brine
« Topic Start: December 14, 2017, 07:55:09 AM »
Barrett Brine stands upon the bow of his ship as it sits anchored in Boreal's Harbor beneath a slate grey sky. With one foot on a cask of ale he holds his cutlass in one hand and a bottle of rum in the other. His troops sit about the deck having consumed the last of the salted pork and hard tack. Sated they see that Barrett is prepared to give a speech and rise to their feet to listen.

As Barrett speaks his booming voice echoes across the bay clear as day to anyone who might be listening.

"Friends, we have journeyed across the rolling seas to a stars forsaken land long abandoned, and yet I smile...

We have just now consumed our last mouthful wholesome food, drunk our last drop of fresh water. There is no turning back now. If we do not land we will surely die of hunger and thirst... and yet... I smile...

The shores beyond our treacherous. An horde of savage beasts and an army of inhuman revenants skulk through the outskirts, ready to attack at a moments notice... and YET I SMILE!

Why? Because we sail with Admiral Karibash, the greatest swordsmen in the history of Dwilight. Because we sail with Drizztle, a faithful first mate who has braved many adventures by my side. Because not far behind us, ready to provide reenforcement is Amy, who shares the blood of the great Cymore and voyages on with the exuberance of youth and the hunger to live up to her family legacy. And most of all because we are about to become legends whether we return home with the treasures of the Silver Temple, or merely our scars to tell the tale!"

He raises the rum bottle higher.

"This is the last strong drink we have on ship. We will not drink again until we stand on the beaches of Darfix! HERE HERE!"

"HAZAH!" the crew shouts back.

"HERE HERE!"

"HAZAH!"

"HERE HERE!"

"HAZAH!"

"All hands to the landing craft. Lock in oars. Weapons at the ready! And fear no darkness!"