Author Topic: The Tale of Barrett Brine  (Read 10579 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of Barrett Brine
« Topic Start: April 23, 2020, 06:08:33 PM »
Gylden Raiders incedent

Letter from Barrett Brine Erickson Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp
Message sent to Stratarch's Council (7 recipients) - just in
Council,

Dear gods what is this drivel? I was told WEEKS AGO that I would be commanding this expedition. No one bothered to write to me explicitly saying "we've changed our minds, we'll be taking over from here and commanding via quill". I'm just supposed to guess that this is your intention because you've changed the hierarchy around a bit? Now you whine that I should have known that you'd all be micro-managing from afar just because I wasn't marshal? This is on you all, not me.

I'll be gods damned if I'm to take orders from a bunch of base-court pudding-brained promise-breakers! Consider me a free-agent henceforth.

Barrett Brine Erickson
Knight of Golden Farrow

Report from Barrett Brine Erickson Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp
Message sent to Gylden Raiders (7 recipients) - just in
Raiders,

Allow me to lay out the situation.

Weeks ago, I was asked to lead this expedition. I laid out my plans and they were approved. I was told I would be the commander. Then at the eleventh hour the dottering cross-eyed milk-sots who run this operation decided to change marshals and neglected to tell me the marshal would henceforth be commanding the expedition via-pen and raven from the comfort of his soft feather bed. So imagine my surprise when I begin this expedition, reach our landing site then at the last minute am told I've been stripped of command in all but name.

Officially I am henceforth not commanding the Gylden Raiders. Instead I declare my own personal expedition and will be accepting any and all volunteers. If you seek adventure, glory, and riches under the leadership of the most prolific mariner Dwilight has ever seen, then meet me in Bberentaur. If you instead want to obey the whims of a pack of desk-jokeys who buggered up the last raid whilst I emerged victorious by all means stay with the Raiders.

Barrett Brine Erickson
Knight of Golden Farrow

Letter from Barrett Brine Erickson Player experience level: mentor Player play preference: rp
Message sent to Stratarch's Council (7 recipients) - just in

Navarch,

I climbed the battlements of Golden Farrow. I recovered the treasure of Darfix. I was named Gylded Champion.

I am beach-stormer and lich-slayer. Deck-rider and storm-chaser. I am undertaker to revnant’s  and trophy-maker to ice boars. I fish for sea monsters and hunt for roguelanders. I can out fight, out drink, out sail and out pillage any ten corsairs from Darfix to Springdale. Valkyria to Madina.

My wrath doesn’t fear yours.

If you or any of your subordinates want to make something of it I hope you’ll do yourselves the honor of putting your own sword behind your words rather than cowering behind the protection of the lawman, lest you be added to the long list of cravens who recoiled before the might of Barrett Brine.

Barrett Brine Erickson
Knight of Golden Farrow
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:54:07 PM by pcw27 »