Author Topic: Spearhold  (Read 18787 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Spearhold
« Reply #30: July 11, 2016, 10:10:52 AM »
You've been peddling that you actually summoned the Daimons in the first place and were a daimon religion worshiping group before the invasion...
I think, more accurate, was that they worshiped a dark-lord/god more than anything specifically daimon. The daimons just took the opportunity to use their existing roleplay for their own ends. Just like in other Portal roleplays mentioning religion. Don't Invent New; Build On What Already Exists.

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 12, 2016, 12:00:21 AM »
I think, more accurate, was that they worshiped a dark-lord/god more than anything specifically daimon. The daimons just took the opportunity to use their existing roleplay for their own ends. Just like in other Portal roleplays mentioning religion. Don't Invent New; Build On What Already Exists.

Yeah, true that.

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 13, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »
A Hemmings joined our realm, I don't know how to feel... He's either going to be really good for us, or really bad for us. My money is on being bad for all of Beluaterra, at least he's interesting as he trolls his way through the lands. I won't even lie, I've fallen for a trick of his before, now I'm ultra suspicious of him.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well, ya see, I can't be fooled again." -George W. Bush.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 13, 2016, 05:53:49 PM »
A Hemmings joined our realm, I don't know how to feel... He's either going to be really good for us, or really bad for us. My money is on being bad for all of Beluaterra, at least he's interesting as he trolls his way through the lands. I won't even lie, I've fallen for a trick of his before, now I'm ultra suspicious of him.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well, ya see, I can't be fooled again." -George W. Bush.

I find his characters all annoying. End of story.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 13, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
It doesn't help BM's social aspect that people often associate family traits with all characters. Yes, there are some noticeable tendencies, since its the same player, but there are also plenty of times a character breaks a family mould. Let's not typecast others into roles, even if past history has given us a grain of skeptical salt on them. Perhaps a new story might be written instead of the same old.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 13, 2016, 06:23:14 PM »
It doesn't help BM's social aspect that people often associate family traits with all characters. Yes, there are some noticeable tendencies, since its the same player, but there are also plenty of times a character breaks a family mould. Let's not typecast others into roles, even if past history has given us a grain of skeptical salt on them. Perhaps a new story might be written instead of the same old.

I agree with you for about 99% but there are some players who can simply only play one type of noble unfortunately. And after seeing 4 different nobles of one family doing the same (for some that's white knight) then you can sort of make that assumption.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 15, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
I find his characters all annoying. End of story.

Strangely enough, I actually enjoy having him around. I find him to be rather humorous and he brings an element of excitement to the game since you never really know the kind of crap he's going to pull when you log in. I used to live in a poor neighborhood, everyone was really nice and they were great people, but there was this one family a couple houses down from me that the Hemmings family reminds me of. Everyone hated them, they were constantly starting fights and their kids were always stealing from the other kids and getting into trouble. Stegman reminds me of their youngest kid, this red headed boy named Gary that looked like Howdy Doody. The kid would call his mom awful names in public and she didn't seem to care, but that's what I expect out of an alcoholic/drug addict mother. Anyways, that's how I imagine the Hemmings family, they bring me the same laughter that this family I grew up next to did. I figure if the player of Hemmings family can make me reach back 20 years to a memory of mine and amuse me, he's doing something right.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: July 15, 2016, 06:10:37 PM »
this made me laugh  ;D
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 15, 2016, 08:05:06 PM »
So whats worse then? a Hemmings or a Mayhem?   :o

I actually don't know the answer to that.

Mods please delete this post if it might cause a nuclear fallout.  :P

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:06:39 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: July 15, 2016, 08:06:42 PM »
Not sure if I should be happy or sad that Lapallanch family is not being grouped up with the likes of Mayhem and Hemmings :o

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 15, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »
Not sure if I should be happy or sad that Lapallanch family is not being grouped up with the likes of Mayhem and Hemmings :o

Why would we? Lapallanch are just awesome in a different way, don't worry Zakky  8)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Keuerleber Family

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 15, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »
I'll take Hemmings over Mayhem any day.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 15, 2016, 10:19:09 PM »
Miskel Hemmings (that was the first one right) was the best Hemmings.

"So a-we're g'nna cause-a lotsa ruckuses while tookin' lik-a Swedish chef"

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 16, 2016, 10:23:59 AM »
I love having a Hemmings around... there are a couple of families who are trouble for troubles sake, I really wouldn't put Hemmings there, he is ambitious and a definite motivator.  He's the kind of guy who'll tell you he is going to stab you in the back before he does it... gotta respect that.

As to trouble for troubles sake, these guys don't seem to recognise that that doesn't enliven a realm it just gets boring if anything

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 16, 2016, 08:38:22 PM »
Eh... they're just annoying to me. Every Hemmings I've encountered was an arrogant, potty-mouthed firebrand. And when you go against them, suddenly you suck at BM because you won't let people have fun. It doesn't help that he insists on using these godawful character names that nobody can type out, let alone pronounce.

Give me a Mayhem any day. Sure, they're just as arrogant and annoying as a Hemmings, but at least that one doesn't feel the need to complain OOC all the time.