Author Topic: Are you kidding me Morek?  (Read 13207 times)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Are you kidding me Morek?
« Reply #30: July 12, 2016, 03:16:28 AM »
I forgot this forum existed.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:22:34 AM by Bronnen »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 12, 2016, 03:54:54 AM »
The only Zuma messages we got was "There are too many monsters for all of us", and then silence.
Zuma been busy beating monsters too. Or indecisive battles ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 12, 2016, 04:31:12 AM »
No mention of the Cult of Bloodmoon, which had over a dozen members or more at one time and priests and temples and followers from allover only killed off by the destruction of the west lands. Also people hated 'drug taking' and the word 'cult' because of their real world distaste for it instead of embracing imagination and potential roleplay.

I feel the religion was a success, it was fun and we built a strange world of belief that was player driven but ultimately was stymied by peoples inability to seperate their characters from real life.

The Wiki page still holds a tiny bit of our faith, the last remaining part of the faith is a guildhouse in Nihm with maybe 6 members.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 12, 2016, 04:49:47 AM »
First you take an interesing war with Arnor and declare peace in order to appease them.

Then you give away a city to Astrum, just cause theres been some controversy over it, even though the majority of your nobles wanted to keep it.

Then you let a bunch of "Terran" nobles hijack your realm (which I'm okay with, keeps stuff interesting) who then launch a rebellion when theyre colony fails and rebel in order to keep a placeholder position for Katrina Dragul.

Lastly you let a duke cecede your CAPITAL city and form their own realm, and then declare an alliance with them.

Talk about trying to keep things status quo and not wanting to fight any wars or contribute to any discussions with other rulers on the continent. Way to continue being the most boring realm in BM.
Let get back to Morek topic.

Yes, it is sad that Morek does all these actions above. And the last part has my character in a big turmoil, conflicted himself.

Yeah...I could add a couple items to that list from my perspective as an allied ruler trying to cooperate with Morek against its foes. But instead, just lots of empty words (or silence), inaction, and 'make-nice-with-everyone-in-alliance-block'. SA is an Alliance, not a Church. It's sole focus is on retaining political power. Not that some players within it cannot have different objectives, but for many years now, the Church as a collective-elders-government has put their hegemony above the fun of players, to the detriment of themselves losing players getting bored.

I started ESA to do something different, but I'm burnt out on any IC action anymore, especially after dealing with Morek, who I had invested thousands of gold into a temple built by Morek's ruler with express roleplays about the temple-expansion being dedicated to Morek's victory *over my own realm*, trying to demonstrate a religion independent of realm politics. All it takes is a new noble in the realm to tear the temple down, Katrina to spend months saying 'we will do something about that', nothing to ever happen, and then to see that same noble elected ruler. That noble not even being SA, but pagan, which you think a dual SA-ESA theocracy could at least agree that a pagan closing any astroist temple is perhaps...concerning? Nope. That would create conflict and end Pax Sanguisa. That was one of the final frustrations of exerting effort to work with others only to have minimal effort spent to completely destroy the little progress we had made to try to have a wider reach and provide more connections to more characters in more realms.
It is sad. I even thought with one General who has a little disagreement with my character General, I could expand the conflict further. But now with what Skirting has said about the recent actions, my character need a serious deep own reflection within. I do not even know what my character can do to spice things up. I mean, who on earth let our capital city to be secede? Never in any my character life this sort of event happens before. Okay, not earth apparently. Who on Battlemaster? ::)

About religion. I thought letting my character joining SA is a good idea to bring life to a depressed SA. However now with an elder priestess apparently go around kicking many people out of SA, now my character has a lot of thinkings to do IC. I gotta thank Bronnen for that ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 12, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »
I would roleplay that some Westfold and Lurian ESA temples had had Bloodmoon Groves planted. I tried to play Seoras as rather moderate upon the fruit. He considers overconsumption to be Imbalanced, but was open to it as a helping-aid in seeking the divine.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 17, 2016, 10:58:16 PM »
 ::)
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 18, 2016, 05:07:40 AM »
With only 3 regions left including its own new capital city, Morek looks pretty small size. Time to look for big brothers and sisters realms >:(

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: July 18, 2016, 05:09:55 AM »
If Morek becomes too dysfunctional, they can merge with another realm. They are slowly reaching that point I feel. But they can still fill their government spots so they are okay for now.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 18, 2016, 10:34:02 AM »
If Morek becomes too dysfunctional, they can merge with another realm. They are slowly reaching that point I feel. But they can still fill their government spots so they are okay for now.

Mergers are still a no-no, AFAIK.

Zakilevo

« Reply #39: July 18, 2016, 06:00:05 PM »
Mergers are still a no-no, AFAIK.

That is to prevent 2 strong realms from forming one mega realm. If your realm becomes too dysfunctional, ask a dev. They are not trying to make your BM life a living hell by letting you suffer.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: July 18, 2016, 06:19:19 PM »
That is to prevent 2 strong realms from forming one mega realm. If your realm becomes too dysfunctional, ask a dev. They are not trying to make your BM life a living hell by letting you suffer.

Actually it's a hard and fast rule regarding friendly mergers. If a realm becomes too unstable, it should naturally be declared on and absorbed by another realm, not ally with everything around it like has happened.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 18, 2016, 07:52:47 PM »
Mergers are not allowed much for the same reason as strategic capital moves are not allowed. You can surrender to another realm including the absorption of your realm, but you cannot partner and share power with another realm as one merged realm because it makes you strategically-stronger. As Zakky mentions though, if a realm cannot even keep its council filled, it can surrender to another realm.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 18, 2016, 10:00:49 PM »
Exceptions to the merger rule are handled on a case-by-case basis, and should be communicated to the dev team in advance if you think you are in a situation that warrants it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan