Author Topic: First Oligarch, ending or not?  (Read 56616 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: First Oligarch, ending or not?
« Reply #120: October 12, 2016, 03:17:05 PM »
I can't complain, certainly.....

Having siege battles 1 region away from home and 2 from refit, is nice. Almost like playing a point and click game...  :-\

The spirit of Primus is Strong in these Walls!

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: October 12, 2016, 04:35:46 PM »
I can't complain, certainly.....

Having siege battles 1 region away from home and 2 from refit, is nice. Almost like playing a point and click game...  :-\

The spirit of Primus is Strong in these Walls!

Becoming 'strange' for us as well as we can't walk outside of Oligarch anymore without a 5k peasant militia spawning. So all we can do is sit inside the city waiting untill Caligus has refitted again. The truly fun parts of the war are long over I'm afraid.

But yeah the spirit of Primus is strong in this Oligarch! Prob happy that we named our army after him as well.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakilevo

« Reply #122: October 12, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
Oligarch... survived quite awhile but looks like she is finally coming to an end.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: October 12, 2016, 08:54:24 PM »
Oligarch... survived quite awhile but looks like she is finally coming to an end.

I was wondering how their walls were doing with those massive battles going on. Not well I take it?

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #124: October 12, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »
Surely Perdan will honor their new alliance and march their whole army north to defend the poor Oligarchs?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakilevo

« Reply #125: October 12, 2016, 09:25:47 PM »
Surely Perdan will honor their new alliance and march their whole army north to defend the poor Oligarchs?

Doubt it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: October 12, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »
Oligarch put itself in this situation and deserves what it gets.

Zakilevo

« Reply #127: October 12, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »
Harsh but true

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: October 12, 2016, 09:52:48 PM »

Next time someone offers to aid me when I'm fighting an even war I'll be sure to invite them and destroy those who oppose me. Lesson learned, although that's prob not what you meant.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: October 12, 2016, 10:11:50 PM »
Yeah, I have no clue what you mean, so probably not what I meant.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: October 12, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
Yeah, I have no clue what you mean, so probably not what I meant.

When Perdan/Vix offered to aid, I think even before the Eponllyn war, or during, I threathened them on the ruler channel that they shouldn't come because Sirion vs Oligarch was an internal 1 on 1 conflict...my worst threat ever in hindsight.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #131: October 12, 2016, 11:01:48 PM »
When Perdan/Vix offered to aid, I think even before the Eponllyn war, or during, I threathened them on the ruler channel that they shouldn't come because Sirion vs Oligarch was an internal 1 on 1 conflict...my worst threat ever in hindsight.

Which let them focus their attention on Xavax...thanks for that, Pal...lol

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: October 12, 2016, 11:12:06 PM »
And then Eponllyn defended Oligarch from their intervention. And Perdan broke every agreement, as is its usual dishonourable self. And then (this is the part I was referencing) Garas left Eponllyn out to dry because Garas greedily demanded a city from Sirion, who had accepted Brock's ceasefire offer. If Garas had also accepted Brock's offer, Oligarch wouldn't be fighting off all these enemies. But Garas overstretched and Oligarch is suffering the consequences.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: October 12, 2016, 11:26:40 PM »
And then Eponllyn defended Oligarch from their intervention. And Perdan broke every agreement, as is its usual dishonourable self. And then (this is the part I was referencing) Garas left Eponllyn out to dry because Garas greedily demanded a city from Sirion, who had accepted Brock's ceasefire offer. If Garas had also accepted Brock's offer, Oligarch wouldn't be fighting off all these enemies. But Garas overstretched and Oligarch is suffering the consequences.

Might I remind you that Eponllyn didn't defend Oligarch but Nivemus and Sirion in stead. Oligarch did tell Nivemus/Sirion/Eponllyn that it would ally with them should they invade if they agreed (which they didn't when it was only Eponllyn though) but also that if that didn't happen we'd still let Perdan do whatever they wanted.

As to the second part, yup I did overstretch their. But at the same time Sirion did not accept, they demanded we hand over Montijo/Braga/Dulbin to them. But that was a mistake on both Oligarch's (mine really) and Sirion's part combined, although Sirion had a longer history of not wishing to help you, but that's another story.

Both the above things (threathening Perdan/Vix and later demanding Krimml) I consider mistakes I made, but done is done. It was all done to try and make the north and the game the most fun for everyone and in part I succeeded and in part I failed. And when I say I, I really mean we cause a lot of players joined me in this quest.

Now it has come to an end :(

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #134: October 12, 2016, 11:32:28 PM »
You northerners...so complicated. Things are so much simpler in the South