Author Topic: First Oligarch, ending or not?  (Read 55775 times)

Zakilevo

Re: First Oligarch, ending or not?
« Reply #105: October 01, 2016, 08:57:23 PM »
What kind of discussions? The player of the general of Sirion asked another player OOC if he could give him some tips. You can always ask for tips to someone you think who knows military strategy right? True the north is a bit late, cause if they see the militia in Oligarch you'll see it's designed to stand at least a good enough chance against these kind of sieges, but the north + Caligus simply has so many numbers and forces that it's rather difficult of course.

Yeah. And all the tips I gave him are impossible to do without having enough men to do it. They didn't have enough men but still got something done this time through just a number advantage.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: October 01, 2016, 09:15:49 PM »
Point is, that the discussion could be extended to a more broad medium so more can benefit, such as here, or the in-game Mentoring Forum.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: October 01, 2016, 09:27:11 PM »
Point is, that the discussion could be extended to a more broad medium so more can benefit, such as here, or the in-game Mentoring Forum.

I'm not so sure tbh. Good strategies have a tendency to spread quickly anyway. Look at Korlock's siege on WI that suddenly became the standard almost, of which the siege of Oligarch was just a variation really.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: October 01, 2016, 09:58:43 PM »
You are seriously wounded, mostly unconscious and unable to communicate or act.

Wait..... did i manage to touch the wall at least this time?  :( :( :(

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: October 01, 2016, 10:18:34 PM »
Wait..... did i manage to touch the wall at least this time?  :( :( :(

No I think you didn't :p

But your allies did :(

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: October 02, 2016, 02:03:16 AM »
I'm not so sure tbh. Good strategies have a tendency to spread quickly anyway. Look at Korlock's siege on WI that suddenly became the standard almost, of which the siege of Oligarch was just a variation really.

I've never heard of that. In fact a good many of the new players have probably never heard of it either. Don't confuse personal experience with actual fact. There's no good reason to keep strategies for yourself in what's supposed to be a friendly game.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: October 02, 2016, 02:08:50 PM »
I've never heard of that. In fact a good many of the new players have probably never heard of it either. Don't confuse personal experience with actual fact. There's no good reason to keep strategies for yourself in what's supposed to be a friendly game.

Well after Sandalak used it I've seen it been used by many Generals all accross the islands. There are two things in this simply put: "Firstly, I've always helped and answered people's questions about strategy, but I haven't gone as far as writing a book on strategy and I think the same goes for several others including Zakky. Hell Zakky told Sirion how to defeat Oligarch even when he had a char in Oligarch, because they asked. I don't see how you can then come up with the above? Secondly, as a General you can see what is happening and adapt and you even have the luxury of seeing battles on multiple different islands in most cases. If you do not spend a minute as General to read those battle reports, why should others tell you step by step what to do?"

Zakilevo

« Reply #112: October 02, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »
Unlike  Gabanus here I actually wrote a lengthy guide! You can even check it out on this forum! It is under BM General Discussion as one of the stickies: http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5637.0.html

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: October 02, 2016, 11:33:36 PM »
Well after Sandalak used it I've seen it been used by many Generals all accross the islands. There are two things in this simply put: "Firstly, I've always helped and answered people's questions about strategy, but I haven't gone as far as writing a book on strategy and I think the same goes for several others including Zakky. Hell Zakky told Sirion how to defeat Oligarch even when he had a char in Oligarch, because they asked. I don't see how you can then come up with the above? Secondly, as a General you can see what is happening and adapt and you even have the luxury of seeing battles on multiple different islands in most cases. If you do not spend a minute as General to read those battle reports, why should others tell you step by step what to do?"

I never knew about the ability to see battles on other continents, even when I was general. And most of the people who are interested in strategy and such arent in the General position yet. Unlike you, I've actually actively contributed to teaching newer players, especially back when Dwilight University was still an active guild.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: October 03, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »
I never knew about the ability to see battles on other continents, even when I was general. And most of the people who are interested in strategy and such arent in the General position yet. Unlike you, I've actually actively contributed to teaching newer players, especially back when Dwilight University was still an active guild.

Now you're just no longer reading what I write and actively provocating, but I'll handle them point by point.

Every battle you are a part of you can look at. That has nothing to do with position and as far as I know Generals have nothing extra there than anyone else. You can ask foreign rulers for battle reports (which I sometimes do) perhaps and analyse them.

Secondly, I have guided and helped a lot of both newer families and families that wanted to learn more. Specifically in Caergoth and Sirion/Oligarch most actively.

My point was that there is a difference between helping people who ask for help or show willingness to learn vs what Zakky did and write a guide. The latter I have not done. The first I have done many times and still do and when I am General I often ask if there are people willing to learn etc and deal with those. I will then not write everybody else about it though, that was my point.

Zakilevo

« Reply #115: October 03, 2016, 07:36:36 PM »
I wrote a guide so I could just point people toward it instead of answering them every time XD

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: October 03, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »
I also actively answer questions (I can at least answer with 70% certainty) on the mentor section regarding many things.

Information is not being deprived, please do not accuse others of withholding. No one has said they are not willing to give information.

That is an accusation that is both disrespectful and damaging to a person's reputation.

This is a friendly discussion.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Zakilevo

« Reply #117: October 12, 2016, 07:41:02 AM »
Another big battle :o

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: October 12, 2016, 10:11:04 AM »
Another big battle :o

And another defeat for the alliance of 5. I am certainly biased, but by now the story and defence of First Oligarch is taking mythic proportions.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: October 12, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »
And who knows maybe loose lips will FINALLY start to sink ships... unlikely ;)