Author Topic: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With  (Read 42398 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With
« Reply #45: July 15, 2016, 11:45:19 PM »
So you're saying that there is even a remote chance that Vix and Caligus will get to war?
Why not? Happened before, will probably happen again. I mean, what makes you think it is impossible?
It's rather telling that the only thing a discussion with a Perdanite player comes down to are winners/losers, and everything else must be reduced to this simple concept.
Let's see. A certain fellow writes walls of text explaining how Perdan is bent on winning and nothing else. And when he is told that maybe it is him who can not cope OOC with his losing streak, he immediately proclaims it case in point. Gotcha, all Perdanese are in fact only thinking about winning!
Come on, man. That's not even funny at this point.
For the way I see it currently you have Perdan/Vix/Caligus who rule the center and with Perdan/Vix' policies in the south there will be nobody left there who will A) war Perdan/Vix or B) is able to war you guys (Xavax). The north is currently not strong enough to face Perdan/Vix/Caligus. In fact without Oligarch, they're not even strong enough combined to fight Perdan/Vix.
Okay, I thought that was obvious but looks like I'll have to say it. It is okay when a realm or a coalition is dominating. Moreover, it is inevitable in any closed system.
It is only bad when this situation enters a gridlock when power can not be contested and seized even after serious demographic and diplomatic upheaval.
A responsible realm in my opinion does not have to avoid wars, fight with kid gloves or shoot itself in the foot diplomatically to help others overpower it. That's not how you play games.
What a realm can do though is to ensure its hegemony is not eternal by not exploiting its advantage to the max in the long run.
Avoid completely wiping out realms so that they have a second chance later when tides turn. Perdan was in a terrible shape just a year ago, with a single city, poor regions and a handful of knights. Now it's on top again. I honestly believe any realm can accomplish that.
Abstain from hoarding excessive landmass so that it can not be challenged simply due to sheer amount of resources and lack of those on the opposite side.
Limit the number of simultaneous alliances and avoid federations like fire.
If we can achieve that, EC should be fine.
The only real problem that can in fact freeze EC in its current state is lack of new players. If demographics stay the same indefinitely, there can be no real change on political map either.