Author Topic: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With  (Read 42448 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With
« Reply #60: July 22, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »
Speaking as someone from the other side interacting with Vix, yes I consider Vix as Follower :P
I don't understand how this truism is even an argument.
Looking at USA and UK relationship, I consider UK to be a follower. So... what?
On a much neutral note, I think EC also has three superpowers: Sirion, Caligus and Perdan. But they can be challenged by the rest of the continent if provided good alliances. There is a difference between EC and Atamara at the very least. Not to mention Xavax, the new superpower in the south who able to withstand many south realms attacks combined.
The big difference is these realms are not allied with each other like the three realm on Atamara. In fact there is a lot of bad blood between them all which is very good.
The problem is I see something else, something what Gabanus see as well. Vix and Caligus will not get to war. Speaking strictly from my interactions of course. It happened before yes that both Vix and Caligus dropped the Ally status but from my interactions I know, Ally status is here to stay. See above my reply earlier in this same post.
Vix/Caligus alliance while Vix/Perdan alliance while Caligus/Sirion alliance pretty much can stop things from evolving.
That actually is a real concern, I agree that BM's diplomatic system can be problematic. Thus we should be careful to not overburden our realms with alliances. Federations honestly just need to be out of the game.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #61: July 23, 2016, 12:14:28 AM »
My issues with alliances/federations is they seem to be entered into without much thought/reason and remain, stagnating, like a status quo. For example, I could ask Caligus why they are allied with Alara. No way they could provide much of an explanation.

I'd support a limit cap on Alliances. I don't really see the point of federations.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Zakilevo

« Reply #62: July 23, 2016, 12:19:20 AM »
They were doing that to prevent Xavax from growing which is understandable. I'd love to see alliance cap though. That would make people choose their allies more carefully.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: July 23, 2016, 12:24:13 AM »
They were doing that to prevent Xavax from growing which is understandable. I'd love to see alliance cap though. That would make people choose their allies more carefully.

That would make sense, if Xavax were actually standing to grow much further. They weren't, and Alara was in no position to be a realm of its own after they refused war with Minas Ithil.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #64: July 23, 2016, 12:27:42 AM »
That would make sense, if Xavax were actually standing to grow much further. They weren't, and Alara was in no position to be a realm of its own after they refused war with Minas Ithil.

In fairness, we probably would have grown quite a bit. Prior to the Civil war there were over 30 characters bunched together and we've been bleeding since. Alara did the right thing, alliance-wise.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: July 23, 2016, 12:52:15 AM »
lol caligus did and does nothing for alara so its a real good question
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: July 23, 2016, 02:49:32 AM »
lol caligus did and does nothing for alara so its a real good question

Actually they kept Fallangard from joining us in sieging their capital with the threat of going to war against us if Fallangard went beyond certain preapproved acts. It's safe to say that if it wasn't for Caligus, there wouldn't be an Alara (and Minas Nova would have been a wasteland) for Perdan-Vix to be rescuing now.

Caligus is in a rather complicated position, they don't like Fallangard (and Xavax's relationship with them), but they like Xavax itself, and are ambivalent toward Alara and Minas Nova. If Xavax had destroyed both of them Caligus would have probably done little more than shrug, maybe even improved relations with us if nothing else got in the way.

Zakilevo

« Reply #67: July 23, 2016, 03:05:05 AM »
Xavax: Perdan-Vix are evil! We were having an even war! Why did they have to come and ruin the fun!

Small southern realms: HURRAY! Perdan-Vix come to save the day! Kill those evil Xavax scums!

Perdan-Vix: Let's teach Xavax scums a lesson they won't forget for their arrogance!

Fallangard: Save our allies!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #68: July 24, 2016, 12:53:33 AM »
Xavax: Perdan-Vix are evil! We were having an even war! Why did they have to come and ruin the fun!
Small southern realms: HURRAY! Perdan-Vix come to save the day! Kill those evil Xavax scums!

Perdan-Vix: Let's teach Xavax scums a lesson they won't forget for their arrogance!

Fallangard: Save our allies!

I mean...

Robb

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: August 18, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »
When Xavax rejected the offer of alliance from Alara then I started to look for possible allies, and no Minas Nova was not one of those options, and no again I was not plotting to attack Xavax and their thousand nobles. The alliance was to try to make Xavax think twice before attacking Alara so the alliance with Caligus was made, I know that got Fallangard out of the war, without Fallangard Itorunt was not going to fall with Fallangard involved they could have breach the walls, so the alliance worked wonders for Alara the way things turned out.

What I never understood is why Xavax rejected the alliance, surely this proves that they say Alara has a target. Anyone from there care to enlight me more about it? At least Magnus said that the nobles of Xavax didnt wanted the alliance, but perhaps this was a lie.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 18, 2016, 07:32:26 PM »
When Xavax rejected the offer of alliance from Alara then I started to look for possible allies, and no Minas Nova was not one of those options, and no again I was not plotting to attack Xavax and their thousand nobles. The alliance was to try to make Xavax think twice before attacking Alara so the alliance with Caligus was made, I know that got Fallangard out of the war, without Fallangard Itorunt was not going to fall with Fallangard involved they could have breach the walls, so the alliance worked wonders for Alara the way things turned out.

What I never understood is why Xavax rejected the alliance, surely this proves that they say Alara has a target. Anyone from there care to enlight me more about it? At least Magnus said that the nobles of Xavax didnt wanted the alliance, but perhaps this was a lie.

Magnus was not exactly the most stable of characters. I'm not sure what the realm wanted before I got there, but I do know that even after I gave the warning there was still a huge split among the nobles over whether I could actually be trusted or not. Many of them (including Magnus) wanted to give the region back, but Duchess Selenia blocked that.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #71: August 18, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
She blocked it so hard.  8)

Robb

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 18, 2016, 10:26:18 PM »
He said to me several times that it was going to be returned, most likely that would have convinced me of going through with his plan despite not having and alliance. That Itor Boss block though.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 19, 2016, 02:03:38 AM »
Basically the vocal nobles with power (JeVondair, Dodger, Geg, Crownguard) believed the messages Kuriga gave them from you. Nothing Magnus could have done to push through his desires would have worked and it eventually led to the rebellion.

Zaros

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: September 01, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
I am Warchief.I was wondering if I would be welcome back in the South to join the war?Kind of bored in Caligus...
Warchief family