Author Topic: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With  (Read 42199 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Perdan and the Realms It Interacts With
« Reply #30: July 14, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »
I wouldn't go as far as multies. They were Atanamir's real life friends apparently. So more like a group than one person doing everything. A lot of people quit when Atanamir got perma locked but that was more of Perdan's typical our guy did nothing wrong he was a good guy mentality. So it was more of people rage quitting about it than Atanamir quitting to control his multies because he couldn't play his main.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: July 14, 2016, 07:45:53 AM »
who is atanamir and what does he have to do with the discussion at hand
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 14, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
who is atanamir and what does he have to do with the discussion at hand

Since you can't seem tofollow, let me break it down for you: You asked "tell me all about these insane movement rates, please." Gundam responded with the story about atanamir and his clan, calling them multis, Zakky corrected him that they were in fact a clan, not a multi.

Zakilevo

« Reply #33: July 14, 2016, 08:24:06 AM »
Yep. steelabjur put it pretty well.

Atanamir is one of the most infamous kings of Perdan. Perdan was probably at their peak under his rule. I was his opponent as Prime Minister of Sirion. Perdan had an army called Perdan's murderous wrath or something which had something ridiculous like 95% movement rate every turn. The whole army either had infantry or SF - because people believed infantry was the best and most efficient class back then. It was Perdan's meat grinder. With that army, Perdan was fielding 30k CS army grinding everything that got in their ways. I think at one point he beat Armonia, Eponllyn and Caligus all at once. That is why you see Perleone under Perdan and Vix. Anyway long story short, he had a super active army only Fontan's Lions could match. Fontan's lions was a multi controlled army while Atanamir's PMW was more of an army full of active players + his buddies. I remember someone jokingly said Atanamir probably phoned his grandmother to login so she could move her characters.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 14, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »
right, what i mean is "what does that have to do with perdan right now" as it seems gundam thinks this former player and his now defunct army is a valid point in this discussion, which its not.

the more you know ~~~*
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 14, 2016, 08:37:09 AM »
dont worry about it though i see this thread is about as worth my time as the xavax one, have at it

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 14, 2016, 08:41:43 AM »
Vix a Follower? Ya I do not have a problem with it if you feel that way. I believe, in succesful alliance blocks, there is always one who is the alpha leader and the other one follows. Maybe not always this strong but well..

Seeing how Perdan has almost double our noble count and double our combat strength, I think it's even wise  to hear them out what they would like to do. But rest assured, we communicate on a daily basis and it's not a one way street.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: July 14, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »
Indeed. Perdan also invests a lot to keep the alliance relation to stay strong. If you dig a bit deeper, you will find the complication behind the scene. ^^

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 14, 2016, 10:01:54 AM »
Yep. steelabjur put it pretty well.

Atanamir is one of the most infamous kings of Perdan. Perdan was probably at their peak under his rule. I was his opponent as Prime Minister of Sirion. Perdan had an army called Perdan's murderous wrath or something which had something ridiculous like 95% movement rate every turn. The whole army either had infantry or SF - because people believed infantry was the best and most efficient class back then. It was Perdan's meat grinder. With that army, Perdan was fielding 30k CS army grinding everything that got in their ways. I think at one point he beat Armonia, Eponllyn and Caligus all at once. That is why you see Perleone under Perdan and Vix. Anyway long story short, he had a super active army only Fontan's Lions could match. Fontan's lions was a multi controlled army while Atanamir's PMW was more of an army full of active players + his buddies. I remember someone jokingly said Atanamir probably phoned his grandmother to login so she could move her characters.

Being one of the Fontan Lions myself, I still object to this accusation that the whole basis was multis. In fact, most of the Lions were all quite vocal, so if it was a multi, he was one without a life as there were different levels of English mixed with a lot of vocality. I think there there was the same problem as with Perdan. The leader of the lions got a temp lock for 3 days or so and then raged quite as he completely objected to why he got that lock. In response many others joined his rage, !@#$ this game, it's become !@#$, kind of tyrade and half of the lions left.

Anyway, Perdan's military is quite impressive, but Dodger asked why people have some problems with Perdan and we seem to dance around the subject.

The fear is for me at least, that with Perdan's current way of playing, we'll get to an Atamaran situation where eiter no wars can be fought, or the Perdan aliance will just role in and steamrole everyone, sucking the fun out of the continent. That fear (just after the sinking of Atamara) is what drives this I think.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: July 14, 2016, 10:36:47 AM »
The fear is for me at least, that with Perdan's current way of playing, we'll get to an Atamaran situation where eiter no wars can be fought, or the Perdan aliance will just role in and steamrole everyone, sucking the fun out of the continent. That fear (just after the sinking of Atamara) is what drives this I think.
Let us analyze this.
Atamara found itself in a gridlock because three realms were allowed to blob beyond proportion and allying with each other they have pretty much made all global conflict impossible.
Perdan adheres to "small realms" policy (which means no more than two cities per realm) and will never ally with realms who do not.
This is the most constructive position an aggressive alpha realm can assume.
People just have to admit that they are only irked by the fact there is an aggressive alpha realm on the continent and it's not their realm.

Zakilevo

« Reply #40: July 14, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
Let us analyze this.
Atamara found itself in a gridlock because three realms were allowed to blob beyond proportion and allying with each other they have pretty much made all global conflict impossible.
Perdan adheres to "small realms" policy (which means no more than two cities per realm) and will never ally with realms who do not.
People just have to admit that they are only irked by the fact there is an aggressive alpha realm on the continent and it's not their realm.

It will most likely stay that way only under Flegus or Odoaker if you don't know who Fleugs is. The only limiting factor for Perdan after him will be the new restriction on the realm size. Sirion suffered greatly and will not dare to enlarge their realm again beyond their current size. Perdan knows about this and will probably try to set up colonies or puppet states. Sadly that won't be feasible either. More enemies you create, the harder it will become. The game has changed a lot over the years and with our current number of players, making too many enemies can backfire greatly since even 10 nobles joining your enemy will turn the tide significantly in your enemy's favour especially if your enemy is already equal to your size.

This is why Perdan doesn't try to displease Vix as they do not want an enemy who literally sits in the center of their own realm. Someone will have to deal with Perdan and Vix at some point. It will up to the next great politician. Unlike Atamara however, EC's geography is not as suitable for forming a large bloc in the center. You can get sandwiched in or be overwhelmed if you make too many enemies like Perdan did previously. Perdan got smashed in the last great war. They are not unbeatable.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: July 14, 2016, 01:33:00 PM »
Let us analyze this.

And now let's put a more thorough analysis on that level on EC.

Perdan and Vix controll the center and with Vix/Caligus that becomes an potential huge problem. Now these two realms consolidate their relations in the south/west by weakening the only one who could harm them and bettering relations with the rest. Slowly but surely you get a position where they may well be nobody to fight them, untill one of the 3 actively fights one of the other 3 central realms.

As I said, that is where at least part of my fear on this matter comes from as it's starting to look more and more like Atamara. I'm not saying it's exactly the same, I'm just saying the situation is slowly evolving to a point where that may well become near enough the case.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: July 14, 2016, 01:56:46 PM »
Being one of the Fontan Lions myself, I still object to this accusation that the whole basis was multis. In fact, most of the Lions were all quite vocal, so if it was a multi, he was one without a life as there were different levels of English mixed with a lot of vocality. I think there there was the same problem as with Perdan. The leader of the lions got a temp lock for 3 days or so and then raged quite as he completely objected to why he got that lock. In response many others joined his rage, !@#$ this game, it's become !@#$, kind of tyrade and half of the lions left.

A number of the Lions had their accounts labeled as being from Paraguay (?), where the leader was from. They quit to a man when he did.

A few years later, the leader rejoined the game, using the same family name (which is just fine), and several of the other Paraguayan (?) Lion families rejoined around the same time.

When we investigated them then, we found that they were, without any doubt at all, multicheating.

This does not mean that they were multicheating when they were in Fontan before; however, it does raise significant questions.

(Also, as I recall, having also been there at the time, most of the leader's rant was more of the "you've ruined my reputation, I can't stay here unless you take back the punishment" type. Really very arrogant.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: July 14, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »
A number of the Lions had their accounts labeled as being from Paraguay (?), where the leader was from. They quit to a man when he did.

A few years later, the leader rejoined the game, using the same family name (which is just fine), and several of the other Paraguayan (?) Lion families rejoined around the same time.

When we investigated them then, we found that they were, without any doubt at all, multicheating.

This does not mean that they were multicheating when they were in Fontan before; however, it does raise significant questions.

(Also, as I recall, having also been there at the time, most of the leader's rant was more of the "you've ruined my reputation, I can't stay here unless you take back the punishment" type. Really very arrogant.)

Was not aware of that second part, but then we're still only talking about part of the Lions at best. I know some active families also quite around that same time in the rage frenzy, of whom I'm certain they weren't multies.

And yes, from my memmory that was about the reasoning, or a large part of the rant. I think the temp ban was for 'ordering/pushing' for a certain unit type, after which it all enraged.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: July 14, 2016, 03:52:11 PM »
No, it does not, it just claims it does.