Author Topic: Draken's Motivation  (Read 5699 times)

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
Re: Draken's Motivation
« Topic Start: July 17, 2016, 03:39:11 AM »
Draken stepped out of the family estate, back into the world he hated. He'd been told to depart at night as to not startle the rest of the family. So he walked out into the moonlight and towards the gates that enclosed his sanctuary. The guards nodded as he passed and closed the entrance to his home as he stepped out.

A carriage awaited him, inside layed the papers he needed to be recognized as a fully fledged nobleman. All he needed to do now was decide where to go.

Draken ordered the driver to move on and so off they went, aimlessly seeking a new home. The familiar surroundings slowly began to fade and the new world began unfold as the sun rose. Peasants worked the fields and the traders strolled along the road. Every once in a while, the people would wave at the passing carriages, while others just stared. It was disgusting.

Draken sat in the carriage for hours as they rode still aimlessly. He'd not heard of any of these places before, but he'd have to start somewhere soon. With a blind eye, Draken asked the driver to go left. As they did, he asked, "Who controls this land?" Shortly after, the driver yelled, "Old Grehk Ma'Lord." The noble sat quietly for a second, considering the name. He'd be called "Draken of Grehk!" It pleased him and so he commanded, "Take me to the nearest lord, for this will be my new home."

With a sudden furry, the carriage sped up, barrelling down the road at top speeds. As they slowed, a mansion began to come into view. The grass was green and the fence was high. The workers tended the garden and swept the steps. The windows shined elegantly, reflecting the sky with pure beauty. This was a worthy estate.

Draken climbed out of his carriage and walked up to the gate. As he stared at the estate, completely awed, he took a moment to practice his oath. "Oh almighty lord, take me under your wing and allow me to serve you and these lands! I will devote my life to your cause!" ,He mimicked silently. With a sigh, he walked up the steps and requested to meet the Count.

He walked through the halls, admiring how shiny everything was. This was pure luxury and was worthy of even a King's visit! Soon, he found himself kneeling. He opened his mouth to speak, but just as the first words were about to emerge, the most vile of sounds suddenly broke the air, "What is this PEASANT doing on my floor?!" Draken stared at the fat man that hovered over him. He'd never heard such terrible words come from such a terrible monster.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan