Author Topic: Ut Trutino  (Read 8145 times)

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Ut Trutino
« Topic Start: July 15, 2016, 06:41:35 PM »
New religion I founded in Swordfell. It's entire goal is to cleanse the diseased and corrupted from the continent in order to bring about a new era of peace.

Still working on everything but if people want to join and help me out with it, that would be fantastic!

Zakilevo

Re: Ut Trutino
« Reply #1: July 15, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »
So another religion that will probably die off soon?

Oh and you are just a priest now. How will Mariah survive in Swordfell without any strong titles?

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 15, 2016, 07:14:41 PM »
I'm trying. People are always complaining about the Status Quo and being bored on Dwilight, so I'm just trying.

She's also a royal in Swordfell, so they can't actually do anything to her.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 15, 2016, 07:16:18 PM »
Unless for some reason becoming a priestess removes the royal.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: July 15, 2016, 07:57:09 PM »
You can't just toss something out like this and expect people to join in en mass.

You would have done more as Swordfell's ruler than as a new prophet. You just weakened your chance of changing something.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 15, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »
I'm not expecting people to join en masse, I'm inviting people to join if they want. That's all.;)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 15, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
Why do we need a new era of peace?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 15, 2016, 08:11:39 PM »
I'm trying. People are always complaining about the Status Quo and being bored on Dwilight, so I'm just trying.
Except there are already groups with this exact-same goal, like ESA (and probably not along, thats just most familiar to me). The concern though is that its just another small group amongst all the other small groups complaining about the status quo and each other, meaning the status quo remains while the anti-status quo continue to divide themselves into smaller, less-effective groups.

Same as on other continents too.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 15, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »
Unless for some reason becoming a priestess removes the royal.
Becoming a priest does not. But founding a new religion gives up all your titles as a show of religious dedication.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 15, 2016, 08:16:46 PM »
I'm not expecting people to join en masse, I'm inviting people to join if they want. That's all.;)
For it to be effective, you're going to need to proselytize a lot more than 'if they want'. Players tend to be quite averse to religion until you you make it worth their effort.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 15, 2016, 08:49:31 PM »
Well I am IC, but this is OOC lol. I'm just letting people know that it exists.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 16, 2016, 12:47:39 AM »
Vita, face it. ESA is no longer anything but a religion dependent on Lurian favor to have any power.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 16, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »
Vita, face it. ESA is no longer anything but a religion dependent on Lurian favor to have any power.

I think that depends on what you want from a religion or the role you like to play in a religion. From my perspective ESA is almost exactly what I need:
  • it's not monolithic
  • it doesn't demand that my realm cleave to it and obey it above above secular power.
  • it provides a framework that a realm can use to support its war efforts or to support fighting on civilization's frontiers
  • (the above restated) it doesn't require the seeking pf peace and stasis

As a ruler I think of it like the Church of England: useful and an aid to my own interests.

Also, we had a third religion not so long ago with the loss of Asylon, we eventually lost it too.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 16, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »

Also, we had a third religion not so long ago with the loss of Asylon, we eventually lost it too.

I think Cult of Bloodmoon slipping away had just as much to do with the loss of power SA experienced than it's core realm being deleted. It was set up as an antagonistic force to SA, and without a strong, unified SA it lost a lot of its purpose.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 16, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
The last Bloodmoon temple disappeared either yesterday or the day before. It officially no longer exists as of then.  :'(
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd