Author Topic: How to improve the game without changing mechanics  (Read 16905 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I have one type to add on.

The Quiet Manipulator/Pacifist:
I had one character who had time and again managed to defend the wall, stock it with enough militia to defend against no less than 2-3 realms attacks. Then one day poof! The wall is destroyed by the attacking realms and she showed how horror the war could be. Behind the background IC, I played her as a Peaceful character who disliked war. True enough when the realm faced war that the realm could bring to an end with just a signature on that treaty, she acted in her own way. This is despite she having her brother who was Ruler of the realm and her brother is much honorable character who could do no wrong in many realm nobles eyes.

If you're a lord or duke, you really have no place playing this archetype. You have too much power. It's too important for everyone else's fun that you do something interesting with it.
Many of my characters who are leaders try to distribute powers, grant them lordship, dukeship what-not to other characters. The difficult part is when other characters are not qualified for the ranks and titles promotions, they have lack of honor and prestige to do so. Then we send them off to fight monsters and undead, but then too much CS force fighting rogue won't get you many Honor and Prestige. That bring my characters who are leaders to try to create some conflicts and fun for everyone. But then too many peaceful realms around my characters realms and with many hostile realms being far distance away... I found out that when warring with hostile realms far away, the routine follow the military orders, result in nobles disinterests pretty much quickly. Unless I gave them a fighting against all odds like those nobles joining Oligarch fighting against many other realms for survival, make their backs against the wall, the nobles are disinterested. I have tried many ways to make them interested. Newcomers are welcome with messages, friendly ones, to ask them to ask questions if they have one. Roleplays is another way I tried out but the results are not impressive to say the least. The routine click button and travel, as with follow military orders maybe one of the many factors. I do encourage difference in opinions, I even encourage secession by Dukes. Maybe I should turn many of my characters into "Quiet Manipulator/Pacifist" instead ???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)