Author Topic: How to improve the game without changing mechanics  (Read 16926 times)

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
You're assuming too much with the Manipulator one, and making it an umbrella for a lot of characters it doesn't apply to. Specifically regarding myself, I've only played one character that could be regarded as that, and that's Zhukov. Yes, I was impatient with him, which is why he's pretty much in despair right now as all that he's tried to work towards falls into pieces around him.

I actually hadn't considered Zhukov at all. I was thinking of Jonsu (an extreme example), Alison and Alison mark II, people like that.

I have one type to add on.

The Quiet Manipulator/Pacifist:
I had one character who had time and again managed to defend the wall, stock it with enough militia to defend against no less than 2-3 realms attacks. Then one day poof! The wall is destroyed by the attacking realms and she showed how horror the war could be. Behind the background IC, I played her as a Peaceful character who disliked war. True enough when the realm faced war that the realm could bring to an end with just a signature on that treaty, she acted in her own way. This is despite she having her brother who was Ruler of the realm and her brother is much honorable character who could do no wrong in many realm nobles eyes.

See this is an example of a good complex character with unique motivations. I'm not sure if I see where manipulation comes in though.

Many of my characters who are leaders try to distribute powers, grant them lordship, dukeship what-not to other characters. The difficult part is when other characters are not qualified for the ranks and titles promotions, they have lack of honor and prestige to do so.

Is this happening in a smaller realm? I've seen lots of large realms with plenty of high honor and prestige characters who also have do nothing dukes.