Author Topic: How to improve the game without changing mechanics  (Read 16849 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Is this happening in a smaller realm? I've seen lots of large realms with plenty of high honor and prestige characters who also have do nothing dukes.
This happens in a big size realm with low number of nobles to high number of regions ratio. Either our army has reached its limit size and then many nobles with high honor and prestige paused or left.

I have been thinking of solutions. Do my character need to force the duke to secede? If the duke secede, do that duke has enough nobles number to populate its government members ranks, region lordships? Do other characters need to be send to battles against monsters, undead or war to raise up their honor and prestige? You know that we all facing players number problem currently, and if we do not promote new characters to lordships as encouraged, then we are going to be left with only old players by that time.

The only changing mechanics thought I have in mind, is to lower down honor, prestige requirements for the characters to hold the government members ranks, or region lords. Or have their new characters to gain honor, prestige easily fighting monsters and undead on their own. It is a little frustrating when you know you have region lordships to give away but the available candidates are so few and none available due to honor, prestige issues.

I even Roleplay my characters but of course roleplays alone is never fun unless other characters join in. That said, been giving them incentive to take even poor region lordship, my character says will fund their unit and all. But lack of honor and prestige stand in the way still. These days if you want us to join in war given our lack number of nobles, that can be "suicide" against other high number of nobles realms. As realm leaders, I have to think of players fun, realms interests and so on. Of course reasons to justify war are part of my characters leaders reasoning for war. That probably bring me to my next point: Should we get more pacifist character type like my earlier post so that they fight to protect the peace? Have them Roleplay IC, send them to do something that they not normally do. This change can happen, we can justify due to they see many dead bodies on battlefields, I feel there is potential for our characters to change 180 degrees midway through their life. I have plan for an infiltrator class character, something I never try out before in this game. Other than trader of course ;)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)