Author Topic: Max Recruit numbers directly affected by population %  (Read 3264 times)

Zakilevo

What do you think about this? Let's say your region has 3,000/10,000. But you have a RC that is lv4 infantry meaning you can hold up to 200 men. But with your region's pop level at only 30% you can only have 30% of 200 which is 60 men. Not sure if this will add anything to the current way of conducting wars but it would be nice to have a way to limit your enemy's recruit capability.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
if a region is being looted or starved to death, wouldn't more men sign on to fight, not less?
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Zakilevo

if a region is being looted or starved to death, wouldn't more men sign on to fight, not less?

There will be less men to begin with.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
right, but still a lot more than 200.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Zakilevo

right, but still a lot more than 200.

Don't forget population = children, women, old people, etc + eligible men.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
What do you think about this? Let's say your region has 3,000/10,000. But you have a RC that is lv4 infantry meaning you can hold up to 200 men. But with your region's pop level at only 30% you can only have 30% of 200 which is 60 men. Not sure if this will add anything to the current way of conducting wars but it would be nice to have a way to limit your enemy's recruit capability.

But in this case a region with 3k and 100% pop would be able to recruit twice as much as a 6k pop at 50% population (so 3k left also)? I think the idea of basing this on % alone would be too scewed. If anything a formula would then have to be made to balance % and absolute numbers in my opinion.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakilevo

Maybe there should be sometihng like 'recruitable population' or 'healthy young men = 500' out of 10k pop.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Or maybe the "population" figure already only counts men of fighting age.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
which would go a long way toward explaining population density and bring up all sorts of other questions, so maybe best not to think about it.

i think the bottom line here is the question of whether this would add to anyone's enjoyment of the game. i would contend that it would not. realms that are already having their regions looted to death shouldn't be further weakened in their ability to fight back.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I have always thought that recruits were already trained in their home provinces and sent to the capital to be hired.
More logical outcome of looting and depopulation in my opinion would be decreased recruitment speed.