Author Topic: Garas' backstory  (Read 4205 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Garas' backstory
« Topic Start: July 18, 2016, 09:26:59 PM »
I understand that this was an opening to the other rolepays you plan to post.

However, you jumped very quickly from things, I didn't understand where the screams came from or the bloodied blankets. What I saw was an estate with hard working servants, I read the part about the blood and screams and thought I missed a couple sentences.

Basically what I'm saying is your transition needs to help connect things more clearly. Add a little more detail to make things more clear, etc.

Other than that, I can see a good story coming out of this. I look forward to reading the others.

What Logar says is true. The end of the heritage part will actually show where the screams are coming from. I allready wrote it, but during this week I'll put the other parts on as well as I bring them to Oligarch)

For now I'm afraid the quick life story of Aeneas will continue and in a few days you'll see why :) + it was nice to recollect some BM history as well for me

Where his brother Sycheus focused more on governance and was even rewarded the Lordship of Matakonis, Aeneas dedicated himself to the wars. He grew more skilled with the sword, but was still unprepared for what he was to behold. In the wake of their war the Darkan mercenaries had invaded and plundered the farmlands south of Wayburg. Thousands of women would be raped that ear, thousands of children put to the sword and hundreds of villages burned to the ground. The realities of war would hit him hard and by the time he had turned twenty one the unthinkable happened.

The kingdom of Abington could no longer bear the burden of war and as the king grew mad, the Duke of Wayburg and the Duchess of Suville would choose the coward’s way and ceded their cities to form the Kingdoms of Caergoth and Suville. All Dukes would quickly follow either realm and soon only the capitol of Abington was left and it too would quickly fall to the new realms.

Aeneas, disgusted and angry by his Lord’s betrayal of his nation, left the continent in a great rage. He set sail to the south islands, or the war islands as it was known to many. Here his anger would find root as he joined the realm of Toren. Within his first weeks he would get into one fight after another with his own realm mates and the enemy, until he insulted the enemy’s judge: Kanuni Kalkandelen. He subsequently killed the champion of the Taselakian Judge in the ensuing duel. The response which then followed, along with the willingness of the champion to die in his Lord’s name, left a strong impression on Aeneas and he would choose to join Taselak instead.

Despite this change Aeneas’ actions were forced and dominated by anger. Where in Toren he would get into fight after fight due to his mental state, those in Taselak did not seem to mind. Charging like a madmen in every battle, he slowly seized to be the boy he once was. As he grew bolder even still, he gained the respect of his countrymen and found a friend in a man known as Senniamus the Mad, famous for charging his men into battle lines completely naked to intimidate his foes. As time went by,

Aeneas who had found a mentor in Kanuni learned more and more about military strategy and was granted permission to join the elite Heavy Striker’s Group, also known as the tax collectors and even gained a lordship. Years went by as he fought an endless cycle of battles, performed raid after raid and charge after charge. Now that he had found his place, his anger was replaced by a sense of loyalty and determination, for the most part at least. As he grew older he became more confident in his own leadership and ultimately was appointed vice-marshal of the HSG tax collectors.

“No greatness can live forever,” words which would soon have a whole new meaning to Aeneas. He had grown accustomed to seeing men die, noble and commoner alike, but never had he seen something like this. As the earth trembled for days, destroying houses and cities, it became clear that the south islands were no longer safe. Those who could, sought ships to carry them to safety, as the waves engulfed the land
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela