Author Topic: Swordfell vs Westfold  (Read 10520 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Swordfell vs Westfold
« Reply #15: July 22, 2016, 04:09:58 AM »
I'm already a member of ESA. I can't dedicate my life to stopping destruction because Nezar believes that there is still hope for the true blood stars

What's stopping you from making him go into despair?

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 22, 2016, 04:13:05 AM »

The fact that everything is going exactly as planned. There is no reason to dispair.

You'll see in a few days
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 22, 2016, 04:33:06 AM »
Lol, alright.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 22, 2016, 05:32:54 AM »
Why do people with the same goal have to bicker amongst themselves? You're just shuffling chairs with the same people, not attracting new people to the ideas.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 22, 2016, 06:16:42 AM »
Why do people with the same goal have to bicker amongst themselves? You're just shuffling chairs with the same people, not attracting new people to the ideas.

People cannot agree on which path is the best, so everyone tries to put there's forward as much as possible. Eventually there becomes a clear division and bickering begins.

Cohesion only lies with strong leadership, however that is not present. You've left your followers to think for themselves, and very quickly, they found they all don't think alike.

This can usually mean new ideas, but this specific idea is for aggression, and aggression does not need new ideas because aggression is its own being.

A strong leadership keeps everyone pacified to ensure that they all rally around a cause. They all agree with YOU but not so much with each other, that is the key point to explaining the answer that you seek.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:38:56 AM by victor c »
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 22, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
People cannot agree on which path is the best, so everyone tries to put there's forward as much as possible. Eventually there becomes a clear division and bickering begins.

Cohesion only lies with strong leadership, however that is not present. You've left your followers to think for themselves, and very quickly, they found they all don't think alike.

This can usually mean new ideas, but this specific idea is for aggression, and aggression does not need new ideas because aggression is its own being.

A strong leadership keeps everyone pacified to ensure that they all rally around a cause. They all agree with YOU but not so much with each other, that is the key point to explaining the answer that you seek.

This. Basically think about what happened to Alexander the Great's generals when he died. While he was alive, his leadership kept them in line. Without him, though, they all either tried to be the new leader or couldn't agree on what to do with Alexander's new Empire, and so it broke apart.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 22, 2016, 03:41:32 PM »
It was the same concern (people who agree working against each other to protect the interests of those who don't agree) when I was still playing, just different details.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 22, 2016, 08:55:44 PM »
It was the same concern (people who agree working against each other to protect the interests of those who don't agree) when I was still playing, just different details.

That is because you preferred to stay back most of the time instead of guide your followers. That may seem good and all if you're trying to create chaos, but not so great for leading a cause.

byrdcr9

• Marketing
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 05, 2016, 02:53:50 AM »
Bump, 'cause lookit who's winning now....

Also, Zuma Coalition going crazy?

Also, What's going on in Dwilight? Anything interesting happening non-SA/ESA related?
"There are two rules for success: 1. Don't tell everything you know" - Roger H. Lincoln

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 05, 2016, 05:43:23 AM »
Bump, 'cause lookit who's winning now....

Also, Zuma Coalition going crazy?

Also, What's going on in Dwilight? Anything interesting happening non-SA/ESA related?

I have no idea what could've happened O:

They fell for a couple traps lately, so that could give the appearance of winning.

I don't know anything about Zuma or ESA vs SA quarrels.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 05, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »
They fell for a couple traps lately, so that could give the appearance of winning.

The Tamirak to Eltorak trap was a thing of beauty. A good part of my enjoyment comes from the trials & tribulations of just such a thing so I appreciate the effort Swordfell is making as an opponent. So much better from my perspective than playing whack-a-mole with monsters & undead.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 05, 2016, 08:17:59 PM »
there was no trap for us to fall into, we had scout reports indicating exactly what was waiting in elntorak. we had a couple major screwups in the previous couple weeks, that wasn't one of them.

the question for you then becomes "why would dodger intentionally march his army into a battle they couldn't win?"

the sooner you can figure out that and similar questions, the sooner you might start actually winning this war. you guys still haven't recovered an entire westfold plus extra worth of regions. it's a stalemate right now, which is kind of ridiculous given the continued gap between the apparent capabilities of the two realms.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 05, 2016, 08:19:13 PM »
although like Shulee i will give you guys credit for being a good opponent in terms of providing challenging battles.
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 05, 2016, 08:43:11 PM »
Join Ut Trutina! We are spreading and our numbers are growing!

Victor C

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 06, 2016, 01:55:48 AM »
the question for you then becomes "why would dodger intentionally march his army into a battle they couldn't win?"
What that did was help me prove a duke wrong and gain even more power. I'm remembering the days when you were saying "You all just lack the fundamentals", and whatnot.  8) Swordfell is the best Fell

(Just teasing, it's a real interesting war going on indeed)

The Tamirak to Eltorak trap was a thing of beauty. A good part of my enjoyment comes from the trials & tribulations of just such a thing so I appreciate the effort Swordfell is making as an opponent. So much better from my perspective than playing whack-a-mole with monsters & undead.

Yah, I'm really trying to do more with what we have. The previous General just screamed and blamed everyone for not moving. I feel like we're doing a lot better with the "We are the Fellish, strong and proud" thing I've been boasting to everyone in realm.

Definitely not a boring place to be in Swordfell at this moment.

Course, we have a good enemy to keep us busy too!  ;D I'm sure you guys may return the favor sooner rather than later.