Author Topic: What's wrong with this game.  (Read 11802 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with this game.
« Topic Start: July 19, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »
I wasn't talking about Luria Boreal, I know that was a mess of retardedness on my part (plus my character is a bit self-destructive right now). I'm more talking in response to a certain few characters in ESA, namely Cador and one of the priests of ESA.

Please don't assume that because I did something stupid, I'm talking in direct response to the consequences of it. The reason I'm putting this up here is because I'm tired of characters that point out the logic of a situation, or players that are so arrogant as to think that I don't see it OOC. Instead of being "he's a troublemaker, I'll avoid that!" because your character is an ambitionless, risk-averse know-it-all, how about you start supporting people who try to do something against the current for once?

I assumed wrong then on the first part.

There is a part of me that definately agrees with you in that there are (too many) players that play their chars as standard and will never consider either power plays or following interesting plots. On the flipside however I've found enough people willing to do it. To speak from my own experience, hell Oligarch still has 13 nobles left and has had more in the past, you think any of them rationally thought "hey this sounds like a smart move for my char, let's stay safe"?

The same with my experiences from Caergoth where the players jointly decided to risk the realm entirely and just war Suville and see whatever comes of it after there was a environment created where that was possible. My point here being, there are enough players that do either want it, or will follow it if it's executed properly. Go search them out, but for many it will take a while before they consider following you, that's true.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela