Author Topic: What's wrong with this game.  (Read 11709 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with this game.
« Reply #15: July 21, 2016, 06:54:43 AM »
I wouldn't flatter myself too much into thinking Zhukov's antics are the reason Cador's on edge. Cador has been wanting LB wiped off the map since the moment Arkady seceded, because he thinks the entire realm makes a mockery of the name Luria. It's vengeance, a tad on the petty side. Zhukov is simply a spanner in the works to him. And he's a general, so of course he would laugh derisively at the sack of Shinnen. Is that not good noble behavior?

I never thought that Zhukov was the reason Cador was acting the way he did. I just have to wonder what is in the Elder's minds when he blatantly goes against the religion's tenets. At least give him a wrist slap or something...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 21, 2016, 01:55:18 PM »
What tenets? You seem to think Cador's a pacifist. He's most certainly a war hawk. I'd even wager he's shed a lot more blood than Zhukov has these past weeks and months.

And why would they give Cador a slap on the wrist? Zhukov is the one who tried butting into Westfold's war against Swordfell, then changed his mind and went for Astrum instead, soundly getting beaten before having his capital sacked and the holy site defiled by Astroists.

You basically called a crusade, and then two weeks later got Rome sacked by Saracens.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 21, 2016, 02:26:58 PM »
What's a Rugby team doing in rome?

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 21, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »
What tenets? You seem to think Cador's a pacifist. He's most certainly a war hawk. I'd even wager he's shed a lot more blood than Zhukov has these past weeks and months.

And why would they give Cador a slap on the wrist? Zhukov is the one who tried butting into Westfold's war against Swordfell, then changed his mind and went for Astrum instead, soundly getting beaten before having his capital sacked and the holy site defiled by Astroists.

You basically called a crusade, and then two weeks later got Rome sacked by Saracens.

What blood? Luria Nova hasn't been to war since the last coalition team-up against them. And every time I have tried to get you to engage in some kind of conflict, your character has been like "no we should fight monsters". You seem to have a very strange, deluded sense of war hawk if you think that fighting monsters and undead is "war" beyond what anyone else does.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 22, 2016, 01:39:18 AM »
Are the Bloodstars that picky then? I went through two eighty-man cavalry units in a few weeks, all killed fighting hordes. The other knights as well. So while LB spent who knows how long trekking through the brush to and from Astrum, LN was spilling blood every single day.

I also offered help to Westfold long before Zhukov got the idea, but was rejected. Then after Zhukov changed his mind and decided suddenly Astrum was gonna be attacked, I suggested a good old fashioned brawl between the Lurias, which was promptly rejected by Zhukov.

As people said, yelling and stomping your foot isn't going to rally anyone to your cause. Zhukov is just a less entertaining Arkady at this point.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 22, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »
Are the Bloodstars that picky then? I went through two eighty-man cavalry units in a few weeks, all killed fighting hordes. The other knights as well. So while LB spent who knows how long trekking through the brush to and from Astrum, LN was spilling blood every single day.

I also offered help to Westfold long before Zhukov got the idea, but was rejected. Then after Zhukov changed his mind and decided suddenly Astrum was gonna be attacked, I suggested a good old fashioned brawl between the Lurias, which was promptly rejected by Zhukov.

As people said, yelling and stomping your foot isn't going to rally anyone to your cause. Zhukov is just a less entertaining Arkady at this point.

Something you're unaware of is that the war declaration on Astrum was a negotiation on the rulers channel, and something that was discussed between myself, and the rulers of Astrum and Swordfell. It wasn't something that just randomly happened, so please don't come to me with your ignorant assumptions about what you think occurred.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 22, 2016, 04:47:23 AM »
Are the Bloodstars that picky then? I went through two eighty-man cavalry units in a few weeks, all killed fighting hordes.
If I may offer my brain juices into this Bloodstars, what on Battlemaster is cavalry doing fighting rogue force? ???

Something you're unaware of is that the war declaration on Astrum was a negotiation on the rulers channel, and something that was discussed between myself, and the rulers of Astrum and Swordfell. It wasn't something that just randomly happened, so please don't come to me with your ignorant assumptions about what you think occurred.
Why fight when you can negotiate? - Jack Sparrow quote.

I think Gundam is doing it right, just not many people aware of it 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: July 22, 2016, 04:49:38 AM »
Eww... cavalry against rogues? That is not cost efficient at all lol.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 22, 2016, 05:36:03 AM »
Eww... cavalry against rogues? That is not cost efficient at all lol.
If you time it well, it can be. Timing it right can be hard.

Zakilevo

« Reply #24: July 22, 2016, 05:37:45 AM »
If you time it well, it can be. Timing it right can be hard.

Exactly. Can't predict monsters and undead. Your charge will either hit or miss. Cavalry without that initial charge is like archers with R1.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 22, 2016, 05:39:04 AM »
more like ridiculously expensive infantry, but let's not nitpick
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 22, 2016, 05:43:51 AM »
more like ridiculously expensive infantry, but let's not nitpick
Except you did just nitpick. I concur with this nitpick though.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 22, 2016, 07:12:22 AM »
now youre nitpicking my nitpicking this is just a completely unacceptable turn of events
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 22, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »
My character Karibash for the past 30 or so IG years has been completely delusional and mad and only kept in line by faithful retainers. His issue is he's a zealot and his god bids him to kill, he believes himself immortal, etc etc

His son in Xavax, Godric, is similarly religious but in more conventional ways befitting the culture. He has his own baggage and things but the outcome (duel me you cowards, with the internal monologue being Tor give me strength to kill my foes and honour your name) appears largely the same. And before Taselak fell Wulfric was similar to Godric because they're twins (!!!).

Zakilevo

« Reply #29: July 22, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »
My character Karibash for the past 30 or so IG years has been completely delusional and mad and only kept in line by faithful retainers. His issue is he's a zealot and his god bids him to kill, he believes himself immortal, etc etc

His son in Xavax, Godric, is similarly religious but in more conventional ways befitting the culture. He has his own baggage and things but the outcome (duel me you cowards, with the internal monologue being Tor give me strength to kill my foes and honour your name) appears largely the same. And before Taselak fell Wulfric was similar to Godric because they're twins (!!!).

And where is Karibash?! He skipped out on a whole war!