Author Topic: What's wrong with this game.  (Read 11584 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with this game.
« Reply #30: July 22, 2016, 08:18:27 AM »
His son in Xavax, Godric, is similarly religious but in more conventional ways befitting the culture. He has his own baggage and things but the outcome (duel me you cowards, with the internal monologue being Tor give me strength to kill my foes and honour your name) appears largely the same. And before Taselak fell Wulfric was similar to Godric because they're twins (!!!).

In contrast, Aramon's family is based in Hilly Holes, a region that has been part of Outer Tilog for centuries by this point. Despite coming from a family that's essentially Daimon worshiping, torture happy, savage cannibals, Aramon tries his best to be the exemplar of "white knight": upright, loyal, and moral; an attitude belying his physical appearance of a savage looking tattoo covered giant with filed teeth. His family is also the reason he tends to call on the Abyss when swearing and has issues with religion (he'd probably love the Daishi religion, too bad Nothoi ended up with the sociopathic anatomist Drawulf instead :P).

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #31: July 23, 2016, 12:55:25 AM »
Stegman Hemmings debunks this thread. I almost feel bad for ordering his execution.

I will say this though, few people seem willing to risk loosing in a game that cannot be 'won.' In my mind, adversity forces evolution. Hatred between characters and realms should be encouraged because hey, that's how it went! It's realism. Characters come into their won when things don't go according to plan. The most boring characters I've made so far was Rynn, Kalixta, and Mavia, all of whom went more or less according to plan. Rania and Selenia, however, were total anomalies who've been defined by their losses and taken on a sort of life of there own.

Loosing is a critical part of this game, and too many people avoid it when they should be embracing it.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: July 23, 2016, 01:21:03 AM »
absolutely agree with jevondair
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: July 23, 2016, 01:21:53 AM »
for the first time in like 5-6 months
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: July 23, 2016, 01:23:12 AM »
Stegman Hemmings debunks this thread. I almost feel bad for ordering his execution.

I will say this though, few people seem willing to risk loosing in a game that cannot be 'won.' In my mind, adversity forces evolution. Hatred between characters and realms should be encouraged because hey, that's how it went! It's realism. Characters come into their won when things don't go according to plan. The most boring characters I've made so far was Rynn, Kalixta, and Mavia, all of whom went more or less according to plan. Rania and Selenia, however, were total anomalies who've been defined by their losses and taken on a sort of life of there own.

Loosing is a critical part of this game, and too many people avoid it when they should be embracing it.

Completely agree, when ii first started playing I loved causing conflict and didn't care if I lost any titles, only just found that love once again. With all the stuff going on in Dwilight I've had more fun in the last few months than in four years or so.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: July 23, 2016, 03:27:20 AM »

What did he actually contribute to the game in the long-run? All he was was a short-time fad. An annoying one at that.

Miriam Ics

• Testers
  • Noble Lord
  • Myrnia (EC) Mattias Cat (BT) Luarin Ariana (DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: July 24, 2016, 03:16:37 PM »
There is absolutely no reason that a character should ever be immutable, unless they've become a god-figure, and last I checked, that's happened once, on War Island.

This sound interesting. Can you tell us this story?
"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

Zakilevo

« Reply #37: July 24, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »
A God figure on War Island? :o

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: July 24, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »
You know, Korlock? The Great Midget.

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: July 25, 2016, 02:43:22 PM »
Zeph killed a midget that wouldn't stay dead.