Author Topic: Army Banner  (Read 7371 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Army Banner
« Reply #15: June 28, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
On the topic of army banners, is it just me and the area I'm in or is literally very army banner an x with varying colors around it.

Don't get me wrong, loove banners. But customization seems limited. On the other hand I've never had the opportunity to design one so maybe it's not lack of options provided but lack of creative army sponsors  :)
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 28, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
Eston has a really cool one that looks like a medal hanging from a ribbon.

But, yeah, I know what you mean. X and + banners are easy to design with minimal effort. Not necessarily a bad thing. Banners are supposed to be easily recognizable in the confusion of battle.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 29, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »
Gotta keep in mind the banner's size, too. There's a limit to how much detail you can put in such a small space. And I don't think it bad that fancier banners be reserved for realms.

Though if it looks good in battles, I wouldn't oppose there being the options of different shapes of banners, instead of only square.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

« Reply #18: June 29, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »
This should probably be a feature request, but...

Can we have the army banners represented on the green battlefields? I'd love to see the armies charging at each other.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 30, 2011, 06:42:32 AM »
This should probably be a feature request, but...

Can we have the army banners represented on the green battlefields? I'd love to see the armies charging at each other.

Don't they?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 30, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
They do on Dwilight. I'm fairly certain they did on FEI, as well. Does your army have a banner specified?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 30, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »
Would it be possible to sort units by army on scout reports? It would look a lot prettier than the mishmash of banners you see these days, and it would make it easier to gauge the strength of individual armies.