Author Topic: Scroll of Eternal Youth  (Read 7492 times)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Scroll of Eternal Youth
« Reply #15: August 02, 2016, 01:00:21 PM »
Hold your horses, folks! Sometimes it helps to read slowly rather than skim and jump to conclusions.

The Scroll of Eternal Youth does not exist and this very thread was started as a feature request for it *to* exist (for the purpose of reducing character age by a couple years). If it already existed, why would someone ask for it to be created?

The Scroll of Eternal Youth does not exist. The Scroll of Fountain of Youth, and the Scroll of Glow of Health, do exist.

The Scroll of Fountain of Youth reduces advy fatigue (I think in half, by memory?) and increases the target's number of hours by two.
The Scroll of Glow of Health heals soldiers in a unit.

Yeah what he said. Fountain of Youth exists, nothing else.

Now that aging hour restrictions are gone, not sure there's any use for a different scroll regarding losing some years of your age (only for RP purposes i guess).
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 02, 2016, 02:07:05 PM »

Now that aging hour restrictions are gone, not sure there's any use for a different scroll regarding losing some years of your age (only for RP purposes i guess).

Aging hour restrictions gone? KK can ride like a wind? Hold courts and move? Scout and move! Hooray!
~Violence is always an option!~

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 02, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »

For RP purposes they would be amazing tbh and it would be cool if the Fountain of Youth also reduces some years if a noble uses it or something, or helps them heal or something?

But being able to trim down 20 years with a scroll, that would still be awesome. Maybe not for game mechanic reasons, but definately for RP reasons.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #18: August 04, 2016, 05:36:25 PM »
Sooo I just found a Fountain of Youth Scroll. Can anyone tell me the mechanics? Like will it actually shave 20 years of my character?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #19: August 04, 2016, 05:37:59 PM »
nvm  ::)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 04, 2016, 05:38:08 PM »

The Scroll of Fountain of Youth reduces advy fatigue (I think in half, by memory?) and increases the target's number of hours by two.
The Scroll of Glow of Health heals soldiers in a unit.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #21: August 04, 2016, 05:39:35 PM »

So I guess my next amazing question is, with the ageing restrictions gone, will this item be updated with a years-removal mechanic?

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 06, 2016, 07:14:01 AM »
having hit the 7 hour mark briefly i can say i am so glad this was removed, and my heart goes out to those who ever had to deal with 5.

i am curious as to what is going to help prevent a bunch of 200 year old characters running around and especially same characters holding duchies regions rulerships etc for rl years on end
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 06, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »
having hit the 7 hour mark briefly i can say i am so glad this was removed, and my heart goes out to those who ever had to deal with 5.

i am curious as to what is going to help prevent a bunch of 200 year old characters running around and especially same characters holding duchies regions rulerships etc for rl years on end

This nearly happens already in some areas, time isn't that limiting a factor in region control or council positions. In fact older characters tend to be elected/selected for these positions, likely due to familiarity. Who are you going to pick, a guy who you're readily familiar with and expect to do a good job, or a relative newcomer?