Author Topic: Mount and Blade (Warband)  (Read 12644 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade (Warband)
« Reply #15: March 19, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »
The one thing I dislike WB from the original is I think they made lances worse. The recharge in WB for couched lance attack is much slower. Maybe this isn't bad at high weapon skill, but I don't use lance anymore to find out.

Richard Leonecoeur

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 26, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »
I loved the first Mount & Blade to death, but haven't had a chance to play Warband, yet.

Warband is much better. Not only does it look prettier, but the combat animations are more realistic and fluid, the equipment is better befitting of the cultures the different factions represent... You can also start your own Kingdom, but it takes a bit to make the other factions even think that you are /slightly/ worthy of having any right to rule. Typically if you do it too soon, they all declare war on you.

The Sarranid Sultanate is neat, but I think the Swadians are still my favorite. I don't like the Vaegirs as much as I used to. It seems a tidbit more balanced with the factions, too, except that the Kherjits are still kinda annoying.

Though I haven't been back to the game for long, I pondered a Total War or Mount and Blade mod relating to some of my favorite BattleMaster moments for awhile now... I just thought it'd have an epic feel to it... Of course my favorite realms and people were steeped in roleplay, so creating strengths and weaknesses for each of them wouldn't be all that difficult. Plus undead and monster hordes to tear you to pieces. :p

There's one mod for it... I don't remember it precisely, but I wanted to try it out. It basically brings an RPG element to the online play of M&B Warband and I heard it's really good. There's also a realism mod somewhere that turns the factions into a variety of real ones, like Medieval England, France etc. that I wanted to try out.

The one thing I dislike WB from the original is I think they made lances worse. The recharge in WB for couched lance attack is much slower. Maybe this isn't bad at high weapon skill, but I don't use lance anymore to find out.

It was far too OP in the original, that's for sure. I mean, a lance itself is extremely dangerous, but it would be a little unwieldy even in the hands of the finest knight, I'd assume. It needed the nerf for online, but it's a little too nerfed offline. At the very least make it forcibly dismount enemy cavalry if you hit them...

I noticed that I can still do 300+ damage couched to horses; but half the time I don't break 30-40 on a soldier. The long cooldown time is great, honestly. What I don't like is that charging with a spear on a horse is worthless now. I used to play as a mounted sergeant: Spear, Shield, Sword, and sometimes a mace or club, with light armor, or at the heaviest a mail with surcoat.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:01:56 PM by Richard Leonecouer »

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #17: April 28, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »
I love the Mount&Blade series in general.  I truly wish I knew how to mess with the maps...  Would love to make a few BattleMaster themed maps...

Could you imagine playing in Beluaterra, EC, Dwilight, etc?  Or even in muliplayer,having BM realm-based factions to play with? *drool*

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 28, 2011, 02:36:48 PM »
Battlemaster maps with all her regions and change the names of Lords to the current Nobles. That already would be a lot of fun to play with :)

The Forge Forum on Taleworlds has documentation for Mod Development, including Map Editors, but from what I read after a quick glance it takes a bit of figuring out.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 28, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »
For those interested, it looks like Steam is having a little sale on Mount & Blade and Warband for the weekend. I might just pick up Warband myself.