Author Topic: Mount and Blade (Warband)  (Read 12647 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Mount and Blade (Warband)
« Topic Start: March 01, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
Anyone play this game? If not I highly recommend it. It is very similar to to BM, but you actually fight and lead troops in real time. Also has a lot of mods so you can find the style of game you like.

I am currently playing Prophecy of Pendor mod looking forward to 4.0.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade (Warband)
« Reply #1: March 01, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »
Yep, one of my other favourite games :) Big sandbox, going up as lowly landless Noble to managing your own Realm, excellent (Cavalry) battles and with a big battlesize and unlimited corpses on the battlefield, you get some really great pictures, especially after a close fight. The game has a few issues, but the mods bring a lot of extra playability and solve most of those issues and really enrich the game (And some are becoming as much as standard as Native, like the Diplomacy Mod). I don't even play the Multiplayer!

Only issue for me is that Warband has become unplayable for me with frequent crashes and lots of lag, even when I lower my settings. I was playing Prophecy of Pendor as well and it looked promising, but I'm now just hoping that future versions will allow me to actually run the game. The odd thing is that I didn't have those issues in the beginning.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: March 01, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
I loved the first Mount & Blade to death, but haven't had a chance to play Warband, yet.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 01, 2011, 08:39:41 PM »
Telrunya, I have the same issues. I would play the original PoP with about 300 people and decent graphics with no issues. Since the Warband version i needed to go down to 100 people and low settings which makes battle less epics and way easier. Though that's not the case with other Warband mods.

If it wasn't for RL time issues, a game that was a hybrid of BM and Mount and Blade would blow my mind away.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 02, 2011, 12:03:59 AM »
If it wasn't for RL time issues, a game that was a hybrid of BM and Mount and Blade would blow my mind away.

Please! I like to finish my studies ;)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 02, 2011, 01:11:11 AM »
Mmmm...The PoP mod is amazing, yes.  A full cavalry charge of Knights of the Dragon and Mounted Rangers is just sweet to watch.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 02, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »
M&B warband is quite cool, even if I always have a hard time to commit myself long enough to truly see the long term phase of the game.

Since quite a few of people seem to recommend mods, does anyone mind naming a few of the good ones?

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 02, 2011, 07:26:05 PM »
Prophecy of Pendor is my favorite. You can go to Taleworlds mod section of the forum, and the mod topics that have the most posts are the better ones.

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 05, 2011, 11:24:27 PM »
For anyone playing on steam, I'd recommend downloading the client from the M&B website and inputing your steam key code. Through steam my game was nearly unplayable, and since I haven't had a single problem.

Ender

• Noble Lord
  • Neill Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 13, 2011, 06:13:57 AM »
I love Mount & Blade though I've had it uninstalled for a while. I used to enjoy playing the tournaments for massive gold income since I could usually guarantee a profit off self made betting.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 13, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »
Problem with that is once you have a good reputation at the tournaments, the amount you can make from betting decreases. In warbands I like to set up industries in every town, that brings in a good steady income for me when I don't want to declare for a faction and get an income from fiefs.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 17, 2011, 09:16:43 PM »
Warband is good, but if you haven't bought it I would wait for the next expansion "with fire and sword" as it will have more quest types, more intrigue options, more multiplayer options, and most importantly for me is more town development options.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 17, 2011, 11:38:54 PM »
That all depends, is With Fire and Sword going to be a standalone release, or will it require Warbands in the tradition of most expansions. Remember warbands wasn't an expansion, it was a new game due to the engine changes required, even though the actual game play was very similar.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: March 18, 2011, 12:58:30 PM »
In my mind I say unfortunatly.  Unfortunatly it will yet again be a stand alone game which means a stand alone price for a game that is really similar to its previous title, so similar it should be an expansion.  But at the same time it is a small company that I want to succeed so it doesn't bother me too much to shell them out a few extra bucks.  Much like battlemaster  ;D

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: March 18, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »
I played both MaB and MaB:WB but I think WB is better. What a great game. Except sieging is little bit boring b/c of the speed of the siege engine. Bloody slow. I am still bad with using lance lol.