Author Topic: When is economy?  (Read 8208 times)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: When is economy?
« Reply #15: August 15, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
I like it. It would make the Balance Mountains in Dwilight less of crap regions (as well as others like it). Hopefully they would produce metals which can be traded. Right now they produce so little gold and food that they aren't worth capturing at all. If they produce metals to supply the east of Dwilight however...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 15, 2011, 05:22:24 PM »
I hope we don't loose sight of the fact that BM isn't mean to be a heavyweight game. Try and make it manageable  ;)

Indeed.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 15, 2011, 05:41:48 PM »
I like it. It would make the Balance Mountains in Dwilight less of crap regions (as well as others like it). Hopefully they would produce metals which can be traded. Right now they produce so little gold and food that they aren't worth capturing at all. If they produce metals to supply the east of Dwilight however...

Not to mention that Luria owns them as per a treaty with SA ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 15, 2011, 06:10:37 PM »
I like the idea of the more fleshed out economy... but I hope it won't be a second debacle like estates.

Make resources a big bonus, but not essential. Don't penalize realms for not having a legion of traders.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 15, 2011, 06:10:45 PM »
Not to mention that Luria owns them as per a treaty with SA ;)

That was with Old Morek, not SA. And Old Morek was destroyed.  ::)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 15, 2011, 06:16:56 PM »
Let us consider, if you will, black marketing metal in key regions so that the troops can't get trained...
The original concept Tom described was that various actions would require certain resources. Building lvl 1 walls would take wood, level 2+ would take stone/metal, RCs generating new recruits would take metal, cities/townslands would consume "goods", etc. If these resources were not available, then you could still do these things, but it would be significantly more expensive.  Acquiring the resources somehow would therefore be desirable as it would make many things less expensive.

I understand that was the idea behind setting up some of the regions on Dwilight. Well, that and from some of the things I've seen, I also think that Tom intended that some regions were deliberately made to be difficult and/or unprofitable to be captured. But if the region is a key source of metal/stone, then taking it might be highly desirable, even if its raw gold output is minuscule. That should be more than made up for by the stone/metal production.

Edit: editorial garbage...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 15, 2011, 06:37:24 PM »
That was with Old Morek, not SA. And Old Morek was destroyed.  ::)

Sounds like SA, including the successor Morek, will not honour its treaties and will break their word of honour!

Fair enough, leaves the Flow up for Lurians too :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 15, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »
Sounds like SA, including the successor Morek, will not honour its treaties and will break their word of honour!

Fair enough, leaves the Flow up for Lurians too :D
Considering that "SA" has never signed a treaty with anyone, it is doubtful that "SA" could possibly break their word regarding territorial claims.

The treaty that Morek signed was with Pian en Luries.

But.. Gah!!! How does every damn thread end up with some stupid dispute about SA, or Enweil/Rio?  >:(
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 15, 2011, 08:01:40 PM »
Well, Rio/Enweil is easy, that's just Chenier with his obsession for his own truth.

SA...well, you are one of the largest power blocks, so a good example