Author Topic: The ability for leaders to invite  (Read 3327 times)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The ability for leaders to invite
« Topic Start: June 27, 2011, 05:22:02 AM »
It would be cool if leaders could invite people from lands they are at war with so there was no worry of arrest.  Just set a flag that a ruler can turn off or on.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: The ability for leaders to invite
« Reply #1: June 27, 2011, 05:24:24 AM »
It would be cool if leaders could invite people from lands they are at war with so there was no worry of arrest.  Just set a flag that a ruler can turn off or on.

Or just let them get arrested, then they can change realm while in Prison and be released, simple.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 27, 2011, 06:12:02 AM »
Diplomatic immunity will (eventually) protect you from arrest unless an expelled diplomats treaty is signed.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 27, 2011, 08:41:38 AM »
De-Legro,
That would defeat the point, one of the things it would reinforce is the idea that while there is war and whatnot going on, decorum is still very important and it's not like the nobles are peasants.

A little thing like a war is no fit excuse for poor manners, while I don't know that Japanese "Winter Court" type events are really theme appropriate, at least on the fairly inbred isles where there is a lot of cross realm conversation, it makes sense.

I guess it'll be covered under dip-immunity, but it would require the permission of the other realm's rulers, which they may not be willing to grant.  That however makes some sense, as it's not like nobles could just go and visit who they wanted during a time of war.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 27, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
I agree with this. I recently had some very nice roleplaying going on with some nobles from an enemy realm, but given the fact that if either side went to the other side arrest was luring, we had to find a more or less neutral place. Believe me, rogue places aren't friendly either.
Ardet nec consumitur.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 28, 2011, 01:13:20 AM »
I agree with this. I recently had some very nice roleplaying going on with some nobles from an enemy realm, but given the fact that if either side went to the other side arrest was luring, we had to find a more or less neutral place. Believe me, rogue places aren't friendly either.

The Contact list should remove the need to be in the same place. I only have two problems with it
  • I need to have established a contact with the noble
  • I can only send a letter to ONE contact.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 28, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
The Contact list should remove the need to be in the same place.

There's a lot of things you can only do when you are in the region itself, not to mention that some people want to actually RP a visit, not write a letter. The contact list serves a completely different purpose.
After all it's a roleplaying game.