Author Topic: New Weapons/Armor system?  (Read 1203 times)

T0mislav

New Weapons/Armor system?
« Topic Start: August 26, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »
From what I read earlier: Training and Weapons affected damage unit will deal in battle while Training and Armor affected damage unit will take in battle...

One player said that with new Recruitment Centers system this also was changed and that now it is practically the same to have recruitment center W/A 10/80 or 80/10 or 45/45... he said that now it counts only sum Weapons+Armor, so practically that now recruitment center W/A 10/100 would be better then earlier one 50/50 since 10+100>50+50.
Is this truth?
If yes, how exactly are now Weapons and Armor calculated in battle?
Any link where I can read more about it?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New Weapons/Armor system?
« Reply #1: August 26, 2016, 04:07:52 PM »
The truth is almost exactly the opposite of this.

There was a bug in the combat code for some time that caused raw CS to be used to determine damage, rather than having it determined by Weapon quality with other modifiers (that don't include Armour).

I have since fixed this bug, so for at least the past 2-3 years, Weapons and Armour have, indeed, been clearly separate. (There may still be one or two minor places in the combat code that don't separate them as much as they could, but nothing like the degree to which the other bug affected it.)

The new RC construction system changes absolutely nothing about how weapons and armour are handled in combat.

Whoever told you this, I strongly encourage you to tell them they're full of crap.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan